What's new

The Few and Cursed Short Film Score and Sound Design Challenge

Convoy 2022? Peckindaw to direct?

“...On the public Internet, composer Martin "Rubber-DAW" Masters is private-messaged by an anonymous FL-studio looper with the details of numerous copyright infringement cases. Rubber-DAW brings up an online forum where fellow composers Pig Paster, Love Maschine, and TG The Grimy Reaper discuss, with droll humor, a post by another ‘composer’ linking to a phishing site with ‘free’ plugins. The OP turns out to be hacker Nuendo Lyle, a long-time nemesis of the group, actually a consortium of five eighth graders. The bad guys have a comprehensive set of cracked string libraries, millions of zombie YouTube subscriptions, Apple Silicon, customized automation scripts, Ritalin, remorselessness, and a plan to take down everything and everybody. Reluctantly, the composers form a convoy...”

Convoy 2022? Peckindaw to direct?

“...On the public Internet, composer Martin "Rubber-DAW" Masters is private-messaged by an anonymous FL-studio looper with the details of numerous copyright infringement cases. Rubber-DAW brings up an online forum where fellow composers Pig Paster, Love Maschine, and TG The Grimy Reaper discuss, with droll humor, a post by another ‘composer’ linking to a phishing site with ‘free’ plugins. The OP turns out to be hacker Nuendo Lyle, a long-time nemesis of the group, actually a consortium of five eighth graders. The bad guys have a comprehensive set of cracked string libraries, millions of zombie YouTube subscriptions, Apple Silicon, customized automation scripts, Ritalin, remorselessness, and a plan to take down everything and everybody. Reluctantly, the composers form a convoy...”
Now that there is poetic …”a consortium of five eighth graders”…Classic! The whole thing…classic! My wife asked why am I laughing so hard…told her this guy’s funnier then Seth Meyers! The only thing you left out was the Red Bull (although Ritalin works too)!

Thanks Inherently…I really needed the laugh tonight! Cheers!

Update: The finalist announcement has been moved to November 30th.

Emanating hearty, healthy, happy, plenteous wishes to all my brother and sister truckers under the starry 24/7 skies.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who partake, and copious black ink to all who keep books and take risks.

1669145385667.png

What's everybody planning to do with the prize money? Ya never know 'til you know, but I would probably purchase the Pianobook Artist libraries and use what's left for gift copies of the book 'Harmonic Experience' and online courseware - probably EdX - they have great stuff on opera, string quartets, and video game narrative. I've always taken the cheap-o road with EdX, certainly great enough, but it will be fun to study in style!

Top Bottom