What's new

The Few and Cursed Short Film Score and Sound Design Challenge

OP
Inherently

Inherently

Update: The finalist announcement has been moved to November 30th.

Emanating hearty, healthy, happy, plenteous wishes to all my brother and sister truckers under the starry 24/7 skies.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who partake, and copious black ink to all who keep books and take risks.

1669145385667.png

OP
Inherently

Inherently

What's everybody planning to do with the prize money? Ya never know 'til you know, but I would probably purchase the Pianobook Artist libraries and use what's left for gift copies of the book 'Harmonic Experience' and online courseware - probably EdX - they have great stuff on opera, string quartets, and video game narrative. I've always taken the cheap-o road with EdX, certainly great enough, but it will be fun to study in style!

OP
Inherently

Inherently

No announcement yet.

The latest status from the four judges - eight winners selected with two grand prizes to award.

For what it’s worth, I listened to 73 of the 123 entries and identified 36 grand prize winners.

A staff of audio production enthusiasts listened to all the entries and identified forty one winners.

When Van Cliburn won the first Tchaikovsky competition, the Russian audiences recognized an undeniable winner. The judges ‘asked permission of Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev to give first prize to an American. “Is he the best?” Khrushchev asked…’

These entries are ALL the best.

How exciting!

Manfred

guitarist, composer, & sound designer
Congratulations all! What a great contest. All the winning entries had such creativity and depth (as did all of the semi-finalist’s). Let our convoy set a new standard on this sonic highway! Wondering if this thread could morph into an ongoing place to share, inspire, and connect…especially since there seem to be quiet a number of passionate and creative people among our ranks.

Top Bottom