What's new

The end of Albion 2 Loegria?

It's always weird to first notice a topic when it's on page 10, that only started a few days ago. I haven't the time to catch up as I have to log in to do some more work on my day job. But it's interesting timing, as I finally got around to annotating what is in Loegria last night and comparing to other choices, and was wondering whether it was slated for an update like some of the other Spitfire material from that era.

Overall, the library is very well recorded, fairly deep, and covers some instruments that often get neglected by other orchestral libraries, but I find it too wet even with the close mic and no others, for the most part, but figure there might be some project work where I'd need that specific ambience. It doesn't seem muddy at least. And I wonder if they have more material from the sessions that they pared down, or if an update would be a re-do like some of their other recent orchestral fare.

Overall, the library is very well recorded, fairly deep, and covers some instruments that often get neglected by other orchestral libraries, but I find it too wet even with the close mic and no others, for the most part, but figure there might be some project work where I'd need that specific ambience. It doesn't seem muddy at least. And I wonder if they have more material from the sessions that they pared down, or if an update would be a re-do like some of their other recent orchestral fare.
Same thing for me, a bit too wet for my taste but it fits well to this specific ambient, dreamy mood.
Couldn't resist to this offer though! And the overall palette of sounds here is pretty large, I wonder if they will release a kind of loegria 2 at some point.

So no Albion TWO launch? Just a random retirement of Albion II and the launch of an unrelated product? Odd. Why bother retiring Albion II?

Unless I'm totally wrong, there's a hint at the end of one of Christian Henson's recent vlogs (recalling the difference Albion 1 made to SA) that they're back at Air recording another Albion?? I have a hopeful feeling that Loegria may well appear in a new guise in the near future.

Top Bottom