What's new

The end of Albion 2 Loegria?

I don't think so; at least I do not recall ever seeing Albion I available again.
Thanks AllanH. I meant Albion ONE though. When they retired Legacy they did do a 50% off that. Then when they launched Albion ONE that was also available as an upgrade for 50% off as well for a limited time. At the time I felt pressured to buy both in short succession lest I never get it again at those prices (or at all with Legacy).

I don't want that to happen again with a possible repeat of the retire and replace sales. I'm able to afford (just) the deal on Loegria at the moment, but if (a hypothetical) Albion TWO follows close after, that'll be a strain to pick it up as well and as such I'd rather wait and pick that one up in a future sale rather than the intro/upgrade sale.

If Albion ONE was ever on sale at 50% off again, that makes it more likely that a (hypothetical) Albion TWO might also be available on a similar sale price in future.

Edit. Thanks Jacobthestupendous, :)
And thanks poetd, AllanH, and ccarreira

Edit 2. Thanks jbuhler :)

Thanks Poetd. What I was actually wanting to know though was in relation to Albion ONE. After the intro period was it ever available at 50% off again (whether as an upgrade or just a regular sale)?
Albion One has been on sale at 40% off like everything else during the wishlist sales. If you have an EDU discount it’s been available for 50% off during the back to school sale in September.

Albion One has been on sale at 40% off like everything else during the wishlist sales. If you have an EDU discount it’s been available for 50% off during the back to school sale in September.
Cool. That gives me peace of mind about buying Loegria now knowiing I can safely resist a second purchase on it's heels. I can live with the difference between turning down of 50% now, if I'm likely to see 40% later. Thank you.

And for Albion TWO, please dont turn synth patches into edna patches and please Drama Kit style layer patches.

FX, Gate and pulse effects are nice, but the interface kills all the magic.

And for Albion TWO, please dont turn synth patches into edna patches and please Drama Kit style layer patches.

FX, Gate and pulse effects are nice, but the interface kills all the magic.

That's a very interesting idea - bringing the BDT style into an Albion. We've seen evos enter the Albions via Tundra. And evos have a real affinity with softer dramatic style, and are becoming a signature innovation of spitfire.

So if Albion One pushes the original Albion in the direction of a kind of "Start writing unsubtly bombastic trailers now" mission statement, then in a hypothetical Albion Two that might do something similar for a "Start writing subtle, elegant, emotional scores now" mission statement, I think it might well be entirely reasonable to hope for more evo and BDT style content.

I'd be quite excited about this. If not quite as excited as I'd be for (non-recorded) woodwinds.

On that thought though - between the woodwinds evo, and the winds in orchestral swarm and BDT, we have some very lovely textural winds.

But, well I think partly my issues just that I don't think I could ever get enough wind evos, really. But also I find the woodwind evo, a little too ... big, or something. And the latter two (not that I don't love them), very ... specialized, or something. So I still have this ... lets call it a woodwind evo angst .. a sense that there's another expressive space of wind evos - a woodwind evo shaped hole in the universe, if you like, that I can feel, but not quite express. And it isn't quite covered in any of these, but which I think might fit really well with this hypothetical mission statement of this hypothetical Albion Two.

@ccarreira @ism
Reading your comments I just remembered that last year I made an experiment bringing something like the BDT layers to Tundra (https://vi-control.net/community/threads/layers-for-tundra.74026/), although first holidays and then life made it impossible to continue.
Maybe I should approach SF again to see if there's still any chance of giving life to that project.

I’ve been wondering what became of that project. It the sort of thing that, in reotrospect at least, is such an obviously good idea.

@ism Well, the project was working fine, and I've used some of the more useful patches in some private pieces, but the timing wasn't right and life happens, so I'll contact the @Spitfire Team again to ask if we can do it now or if it's too late.

Here's another vote for Albion II Loegria. The earlier Spitfire Audio libraries have a ragged/imperfect beauty that I've always appreciated. I bought Loegria at release and used it just this week in a short film I made (below). Its con sordino strings and recorders figure prominently.

Very nice. And nice to hear the recorders used to such good effect.

I'm assuming like others that Albion II is about to be replaced by Albion TWO.

Can anyone tell me, was a 50% off upgrade from Albion Legacy to Albion ONE ever available again after the launch of ONE? The reason I ask is that I'm happy to buy Albion II at this price, but don't want to feel pressured to buy TWO immediately afterwards (as was the case with ONE).

Yes, and better than that. When I bought 1 on SA's artificial "end-of-life" sale, I had no intention of ever getting ONE. IIRC the option remained to buy ONE at considerable discount for quite a while, perhaps 40% off or so but I don't exactly remember...

...But at one point ONE became available to me for $99 during some sale, so I bought it. This of course does not mean that II and the presumed TWO is going to be treated similarly. With SA, you never know. Their marketing clearly attempts to maximize revenue in part by remaining unpredictable.

Here's another vote for Albion II Loegria. The earlier Spitfire Audio libraries have a ragged/imperfect beauty that I've always appreciated. I bought Loegria at release and used it just this week in a short film I made (below). Its con sordino strings and recorders figure prominently.

very beautiful!

Wow, that is a beautiful piece. Recorders are highly underrated.

Very nice piece! I know you posted this to showcase Loegria, but I have to say that the cinematography was absolutely wonderful! Very impressive, and touching...

Yes, and better than that. When I bought 1 on SA's artificial "end-of-life" sale, I had no intention of ever getting ONE. IIRC the option remained to buy ONE at considerable discount for quite a while, perhaps 40% off or so but I don't exactly remember...

...But at one point ONE became available to me for $99 during some sale, so I bought it. This of course does not mean that II and the presumed TWO is going to be treated similarly. With SA, you never know. Their marketing clearly attempts to maximize revenue in part by remaining unpredictable.
Thanks Quasar. Yes, it can't be guaranteed that they'll do the same thing with Loegria, but it's good to know anyway.

Outstanding work... words, visuals, music. Something to aspire to.

Would be nice to know if buying it now locks in a "legacy" Albion 2, or if there's even a re-do or complete overhaul (Albion TWO) coming - and if its truly "gone forever" after today.

It would be great if Albion TWO does come out, you can purchase it, and have the option of paying a little more for Albion 2 "legacy" - instead of the way it was done with Albion 1/ONE

$224 for Albion 2 seems like a great deal of course though - even if you only end up using the strings and euphonuim patches imo

Top Bottom