The end of Albion 2 Loegria?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by poetd, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Lode_Runner

Lode_Runner Senior Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Thanks Quasar. Yes, it can't be guaranteed that they'll do the same thing with Loegria, but it's good to know anyway.

2. LamaRose

LamaRose Gato Mighty!

Oct 26, 2015
    Outstanding work... words, visuals, music. Something to aspire to.

3. RemarkableUser

RemarkableUser New Member

Feb 27, 2018
    I just wanted to say thanks for the kind feedback my video has received in this thread. You've all been very supportive, and it's appreciated.

VgsA and teclark7 like this.
  4. Hat_Tricky

Hat_Tricky Active Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Would be nice to know if buying it now locks in a "legacy" Albion 2, or if there's even a re-do or complete overhaul (Albion TWO) coming - and if its truly "gone forever" after today.

It would be great if Albion TWO does come out, you can purchase it, and have the option of paying a little more for Albion 2 "legacy" - instead of the way it was done with Albion 1/ONE

$224 for Albion 2 seems like a great deal of course though - even if you only end up using the strings and euphonuim patches imo

Raphioli likes this.
  5. brenneisen

brenneisen Active Member

Feb 23, 2017
    also Plucked Piano, PP010 Rare Groove Piano and PP011 Electrophone.

(meanwhile that horrendous THePetebox still there)

ccarreira likes this.
  6. Mark Schmieder

Mark Schmieder Active Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Concord CA
    It's always weird to first notice a topic when it's on page 10, that only started a few days ago. I haven't the time to catch up as I have to log in to do some more work on my day job. But it's interesting timing, as I finally got around to annotating what is in Loegria last night and comparing to other choices, and was wondering whether it was slated for an update like some of the other Spitfire material from that era.

Overall, the library is very well recorded, fairly deep, and covers some instruments that often get neglected by other orchestral libraries, but I find it too wet even with the close mic and no others, for the most part, but figure there might be some project work where I'd need that specific ambience. It doesn't seem muddy at least. And I wonder if they have more material from the sessions that they pared down, or if an update would be a re-do like some of their other recent orchestral fare.

7. musicisum

musicisum

Jul 30, 2018
    Same thing for me, a bit too wet for my taste but it fits well to this specific ambient, dreamy mood.
    Couldn't resist to this offer though! And the overall palette of sounds here is pretty large, I wonder if they will release a kind of loegria 2 at some point.

8. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    LAST CALL!!!

Best,

Geoff

9. SirKen

SirKen Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Waiting for that Albion TWO announcement right now.

Lode_Runner, VgsA and muziksculp like this.
  10. Lode_Runner

Lode_Runner Senior Member

Feb 5, 2014
    So no Albion TWO launch? Just a random retirement of Albion II and the launch of an unrelated product? Odd. Why bother retiring Albion II?

11. Random Guy

Random Guy New Member

Oct 23, 2018
    I think Spitfire's running out of ideas. They should ask the public what we want.

muziksculp and richardt4520 like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    the-homer-inline4.jpg