What's new

The city (css+csss+bww+ssb+various)

Thanks Saxer, much respect for your work.
I actually hope to record with an orchestra and a solist ASAP, but i need to earn some money before...
I personally find CSS, CSSS, BWW and SSB versatile enough to write in a more traditional way that fits with my workflow, i just hope that the transcribed score from midi will be right as it is sometimes a delicate operation :)

Last edited:
Nice work ! I love the build-up. If I had just one or two things to say about the mix :

I would have centered the soli parts instead of panning them with the rest of the sections, but I'm not 100% sure whether I'm actually confused by this precise point or if it's because your track lacks sound in the middle. It has a wide stereo image but I think it could use a bit more of centered instruments ^^

Also just my personal taste, but some of the soli excerpts are a tiny bit "late" in comparison of the orchestra. I prefer them more in time, but it adds some life and tension to the piece so it's not that hassling.

Great composition anyway :)

Great piece. It does lack a bit in the upper bass/lower mid frequencies, I think too. E.g., the chord at 2:39 could be a bit warmer. Perhaps you made too much space for the pulsing bass synth? But it's a great track.

I like it. I was actually not sure where you were going with this for the first 30 seconds. Great chord progression, not too obvious or cliché.

Hi all,
Here's a piece written after i bought CSS and CSSS, i'm working actually on a project which consist on small pieces. Feel free to listen and comment !
Meaks.

Nice atmospherical piece. Feels like it is telling a mysterious story. The title could have been very different though (e.g. "the ancient woods"?) as it has all these bird-like sounds...

@Kubler , thanks for your tips ! It's difficult for me to mix the right way for now because i'm discovering CSS, CSSS and SSB, i wrote this little piece just after i downloaded all those great libraries... i'll check those middle frequencies ! And yes, i think more "live placement" than production sometimes when i mock-up, and i'm not 100% sure of my panned virtual orchestra, i agree with you, maybe i should center more ...
@TGV , I'll check those frequencies, maybe it's my monitor system that adds too much of them...
@E.Heart , Those birds sounds over the piece are there because i plan to make a multiple piece project with videos, so i thought birds for a track which is about our lives in the cities could be nice :)
Maybe i'll post one of those videos to share my project and have your feedback :)
Anyway, thanks for your kind comments !

I very much enjoyed this one. Very good atmosphere. Great work.
The first violin is really a little bit too far off to the left for my taste.

Top Bottom