What's new

The Chase - Orchestral Piece/New Template

I really love the composition - some parts are great, but you need a better samples, it just dont sound good enough. Strings are probably the weakest part.

Great writing, awesome work! Very detailed and focused on the themes.

I'm not a huge fan of the staging though. I found it distracting, and it was what I spent all my time focused on, rather than the music itself. I couldn't help thinking the brass was sitting closer than the woods sometimes, the strings and brass were very wide, the percussion too far behind everything, etc.

Very nice. Agree with Mark about the staging. Also, main theme reminds me of Mike Verta's "The Race". (<---Corrected)

Last edited:
Great writing, awesome work! Very detailed and focused on the themes.

I'm not a huge fan of the staging though. I found it distracting, and it was what I spent all my time focused on, rather than the music itself. I couldn't help thinking the brass was sitting closer than the woods sometimes, the strings and brass were very wide, the percussion too far behind everything, etc.
Yeah this new template is still a work in progress. It's my first time with SM brass and I'm struggling quite a bit to make them sit in their proper place. Thank you for sharing you thoughts, I'm working on that.

Hello people!

I haven't posted much lately, but here's the latest thing I've been working on. I hope you'll enjoy the piece. Any comment is very welcome :)

Thank you!

Yes very much in the John Williams vein melodically. BTW nice to hear some melody. I also agree your string samples are the weak link in your sounds. But a very nice effort in Orchestration.

Top Bottom