What's new

The Book Writer

Bernard Duc

This one was a demo for a film. I don't think the producers even listened to it, so here it is for you to enjoy! Today I revised the mockup. This one is very tricky because of the string writing, and it's a perfect example of a piece that would probably sound much more expressive with a real ensemble. Comments are always welcome!

Sample libraries:Spitfire Chamber Strings with a hint of Symphonic Strings. I have another version with CSS if you're curious.

Last edited:
I love it. Very evocative. As soon as I heard it, I could see the opening titles to some sort of murder mystery. Grey skies, car approaching the empty mansion, leaves blowing out from underneath the tyres etc. 👍

I love it. Very evocative. As soon as I heard it, I could see the opening titles to some sort of murder mystery. Grey skies, car approaching the empty mansion, leaves blowing out from underneath the tyres etc. 👍
Thank you so much for your comment Alex! It makes me very happy because I had the script for the first scene, and it was almost exactly what you wrote. It's a car approaching an old wooden house lost in a forest. I can't tell too much about the rest, but it was a psychological thriller with some fantasy elements and a love story.

Nice job, I like it, and also the orchestration. This said, they remind really a lot of Abel Korzeniowski's style, to be specific "A single man" soundtrack. There's a piece called Drowning that has an almost identical progression to your theme. I think your inspiration was a bit too close but nevertheless I enjoyed it!

Nice job, I like it, and also the orchestration. This said, they remind really a lot of Abel Korzeniowski's style, to be specific "A single man" soundtrack. There's a piece called Drowning that has an almost identical progression to your theme. I think your inspiration was a bit too close but nevertheless I enjoyed it!
You're so right! The demo for the film was written about two years ago and I never realized I had gotten that close from Abel's soundtrack which I hadn't specifically referenced when writing it. Anyway, here is a quick revision made in 15 minutes. Actually I think it sounds much more interesting now, what do you think? I might also extend it later today.

You're so right! The demo for the film was written about two years ago and I never realized I had gotten that close from Abel's soundtrack which I hadn't specifically referenced when writing it. Anyway, here is a quick revision made in 15 minutes. Actually I think it sounds much more interesting now, what do you think? I might also extend it later today.

Oh yes, I personally prefer this new version! Nice one, great job for just 15 minutes, and yes I'd be curious to hear the CSS ones. I rarely use SCS because I prefer CSS but for these kind of pieces SCS might work better .

Top Bottom