The Avengers...I Don’t Think Anyone Has Done This One :-P.

Jose7822

Sup all!

THE AVENGERS: Well, what can I say? Everyone who has seen the movies knows this piece. I chose it as a test for a new orchestral template that I'm working on. Just needed an easy piece to try things out. The libraries used are Hollywood Orchestra Diamond, Damage for some cymbals, Mallet Flux for the Glock, Superior Drummer 3 and NOVO as a layer for Hollywood Strings in a couple of areas.

Given the recent passing of Chadwick Boseman, I'm dedicating this mockup to him.

May he rest in peace:

-JC-

EDIT: Link updated.

Last edited:

visiblenoise

I did one of these with Spitfire Studio Orchestra! Don't want to hijack your thread with it though.

Doesn't sound that close to the original, but the original spirit is still there. I've never used EWHO, but the orchestra sounds distant and lacking a bit of life - maybe the reverb is too big, or the mids in general can be cranked a bit? Also, I don't think Superior Drummer did the original justice - I'm biased though because that section with the synthetic hi-hat loop and massive snare in the original was one of my favorite things about the track.

Overall it sounds like a live version of the song, which is maybe what you were going for - in which case, pretty good! But if it's a template for fully produced stuff, I'd do something to give everything more punch/bite.

P.S. You've got some wrong notes at 1:19, and maybe a wrong articulation in 1:21 in the brass because I can hear the note but it dies off quickly.

OP
Jose7822

Jose7822

Visiblenoise,

Thanks for taking the time to critique my attempt at this piece. As I mentioned in the OP, this was just a test for me to try out my new orchestral template. I could’ve try to perfectly emulate the original, but that wasn’t my goal. The fact that you called it a live version of this piece is actually good, cause that’s the sound I prefer.

I also prefer the sound of Superior Drummer 3 to the one in the original recording. To me it sounds more bad ass (metal) than the synthetic sounding drums of the original. But that’s me.

BTW, you’re correct about the wrong notes. They slipped through, oops! As for the articulation at 1:21, that doesn’t bother me. It’s just a different interpretation of that section. Again, I wasn’t going for a 100% emulation, but I still wanted to get feedback in order to improve things. I really appreciate your comments!

-JC-

OP
Jose7822

Jose7822

I did one of these with Spitfire Studio Orchestra! Don't want to hijack your thread with it though.

Doesn't sound that close to the original, but the original spirit is still there. I've never used EWHO, but the orchestra sounds distant and lacking a bit of life - maybe the reverb is too big, or the mids in general can be cranked a bit? Also, I don't think Superior Drummer did the original justice - I'm biased though because that section with the synthetic hi-hat loop and massive snare in the original was one of my favorite things about the track.

Overall it sounds like a live version of the song, which is maybe what you were going for - in which case, pretty good! But if it's a template for fully produced stuff, I'd do something to give everything more punch/bite.

P.S. You've got some wrong notes at 1:19, and maybe a wrong articulation in 1:21 in the brass because I can hear the note but it dies off quickly.
Since I was gonna fix the wrong notes anyway, I went ahead and also fixed the articulations as well. The Reverb has been tamed a little bit too. I've updated the link in the OP to add the version with these fixes.

Thanks again for the feedback!