I was wondering how you deal with the bug introduced in 10.5? Have you encountered it? Have you found a way to work around it? https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=286&t=177485
Never encountered this issue. I wonder if it's an issue of some hardware sending MIDI messages.I was wondering how you deal with the bug introduced in 1ß.5? Have you encountered it? Have you found a way to work around it? https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=286&t=177485
I’m still inclined to say the problem is either related to BBCSO or accidentally you are somehow sending notes which happen to also be functioning as keyswitches or a cc that is, etcIt's clearly a bug as far as I can tell. It doesn't happen on 10. And I always tend to put direction expressions a bit earlier. Maybe I'm gonna try atributes just for the sake of it. The weird thing is: often articulations get changed back to default in the middle of the phrase with no expression maps element even near. I mostly use BBCSO Pro with expression maps. So any chance that this is a bug with the new spitfire player / BBCSO?
I hoped so badly (and still do), that it's just me. But often I would play a phrase, the bug happens, play it again, happens again, play it a third time, everything plays as it's supposed to.I’m still inclined to say the problem is either related to BBCSO or accidentally you are somehow sending notes which happen to also be functioning as keyswitches or a cc that is, etc
I loaded the above project into cubase 10.5.20, plays fine as expected, no problems, I let it play in a loop for 5 minutes, no problem at all.
So weird, that it does only happen to very few people...
Sorry for hijacking this thread this way. But I just can't believe there aren't many more people experiencing this and for me it makes 10.5 unusuable (or expression maps unusuable), so I am mybe a bit emotional regarding this topicOk. I tried it. First everything went without problems. But then I thought, what if my system is too fast for this and I built a modificated benchmark with lots of kontakt instances. The more kontakt instances I had, the quicker I ran into problems. I ended up with 120 instances, ymmv depending on buffer settings and system power. So at least in my case it is clearly system spec related. I don't know if it is more of a RAM issue, or a CPU issue, or whatever. An easy way to trigger the faulty behavior if it doesn't do it on it's own is quickly stopping and starting by hitting the spacebar twice while the test is running.
Anyways, here is my project, if you want to try it with an easily scalable test project that is bigger than the one by J Buckingham, but very similar. Just duplicate the tracks (some tracks) if you have a very beefy system or delete some. Requierments: Kontakt w/ factory selection.
Another propably related thing I ran into, when testing some of my bigger projects: sometimes the articulation wouldn't switch (because it already was on slot 1/default or no articualtion selected at all) but the sound would cut out for a moment on various tracks just to come in a moment later. Clearly something that isn't happening when on Cubase 10.0. Tried it kinda side to side.
My system specs: Win 10 Pro, i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, NVMe system drive, Samples on external SSD connected via USB 3.1.
to me that implies a chase condition, and see my early comments about the DIRECTION's needing to be nudged early. In this test case, the DIRECTION expression is not nudged earlier and every time it loops around, hard to say what happens on that first note for sure.I tried it myself as well and hadn't issues with this specific project either. But turns out it is indeed a spec questions. I set up a similar test scenario with 120 Kontakt instances and the problems started to occur.
Ok, that is somewhat interesting, I would reckon that is a chasing issue and its possible that DIRECTION expressions do not chase.Especially when I don't just let it run but stop and start quickly in between or clicking into another point in the timeline while playing.
I hear you that can be frustrating. Try switching to ATTRIBUTE style in any case.Sorry for hijacking this thread this way. But I just can't believe there aren't many more people experiencing this and for me it makes 10.5 unusuable (or expression maps unusuable), so I am mybe a bit emotional regarding this topic