What's new

Thanks for having me

ChrisK

Hi All,

I recently started actually working on realising my musical ideas instead of only thinking about it. Very much a hobby for me for which I need to snatch time in between a full time-job and a family with a twelve and a fourteen year old at home. Therefore progress sometimes is frustratingly slow and I run the risk of spending more time on reading up on stuff / watching tutorials than actually creating myself.

I'm German / Irish and currently live near Cologne in Germany. I'm lucky enough to have a room dedicated to music in my house where I set up my recording station and also have a drum kit (both kids play) and a piano (my daughter plays) as well as my selection of bass guitars, regular guitars and ukuleles. My main instrument is the bass guitar and I play in a band with a few neighbours. We mainly play for fun and are somewhere in between Jazz, Funk and Pop musically.

Biggest thing I'm looking forward to is my new audio computer arriving later this week (hopefully) and setting that up. My steps up to now were on an hold laptop we had flying around which was outdated even when we got a few years ago. Alright to write letters and surf the web, but quite painful for anything beyond that.

I hope to get to know many of you and learn from you as well as share what I've learned so far!

Welcome! Enjoy your time here. Got any music to share? Would love to hear it!
Thanks! Nothing I'm comfortable sharing, yet. I do have two to three songs I'm working on and plan to get them to a first "finished" point in the next few weeks or so

Hello Chris and welcome to the land of everything VI... a great place to hang out, learn, get help... many folks like you AND ME doing this for fun, as well as many pros.

Top Bottom