What's new

Thank you Spitfire Audio...

I wanted to add a very special 'thank you' to the thread. I'm disabled and I was having a ton of problems trying to install their free 'Labs'...fortunately, they were incredibly kind and they bent over backwards getting it to work.

You do not see that kind of customer service from everyone...surely it was and is worthy of my gratitude.

Thanks!

Add my thanks too.

Not only for the product but also for the unique british spirit that diffuse to your company and your musical approach.

Thanks to the support, Christian, Paul, Andy, Homay, Oliver and all the team.

So, when do you release a Neil Hannon toolkit ?

I've never been disappointed with any Spitfire product, and I own quite a bit of them. Can't say the same for other manufacturers. Same goes for the excellent customer support. I think I will stick to the Spitfire exclusively in the future for all my VI needs.

Add my thanks too.
Not only for the product but also for the unique british spirit that diffuse to your company and your musical approach.

Thanks to the support, Christian, Paul, Andy, Homay, Oliver and all the team.
<snip>
...and Luke from Support as well...

Christian has a great "meet the family..." video on his Youtube channel too...

Last edited:
A little over 6 hours left for the 2018 WL codes and I still have one left... :confused:

Anyone else still hanging on to the last minute... :sneaky: ;) :cool:

I really like Chrysalis a lot... :thumbsup: glad I added it in the 11th hour....

A little over 6 hours left for the 2018 WL codes and I still have one left... :confused:

I really like Chrysalis a lot... :thumbsup: glad I added it in the 11th hour....

Ugh, I have codes left for LCO and ASS but I think I'm going to wait until Easter and invest in a new SSD instead. I also realized that I'm only missing Tundra and Albion ONE from the Scandi and Starter collections, respectively, which means that if I wait for the next 30% off collections sale, I can get both of those for a really amazing price. Pressing pause for now – but excited for the coming months!

Spitfire Audio is definitely a unique company on the spectrum of companies making virtual instruments. They really have a lot of good products, and unique products; but they're also highly involved in building a community, advancing the state-of-the-art, and providing encouragement to people attempting to enter the field. Generosity is part of the picture, and to me, it seems sincere.

It'll be fascinating to observe how all companies in this biz change and evolve as time goes on. There will be new ones, and some of the old ones will give up and fall off the map. At this point in time, Spitfire Audio seems to really be positioning themselves for the long haul.

In the immediate future, I think we are going to see some extremely intense price competition. The sales are coming fast and furious, and newly released products are hitting the market at prices that would have been unthinkable a short time ago. Ultimately, how is this going to affect the market? Also, a LOT of the products that have been out on the market for years are still very valid and useable. Companies can most likely sell them at very low prices to harvest some additional revenue. So, for someone coming into this field, fresh, a lot of capability will be available for a very small investment. Will the increase in competition and continual lowering of prices stifle the desire of companies to make major investments in creating new products?

Ultimately, there's going to be a shakeout. The amount of media music needed is finite. The market can't offer a good career making music to all entrants. And, the increasing availability of powerful and easy-to-use-tools will accelerate the race to the bottom in terms of compensation for making music with these tools. Everyone is going to have to just try to hang on. ;)

tempted on Chrysalis too. I'm know Time Macro has a harp, but i love the morphing abilities of Chrysalis. Thoughts?

Spitfire has put out two VI's that seem tailor-made for my sensibilities as a composer. I can do things I never thought I'd be able to do without real players, thanks to them.

So... yeah, thanks, Spitfire. Can't wait to continue making music with what I already have, and what's still to come.

No thank you from me! I never received my codes for the Wishlist. Had everything good to go before Christmas and got nothing but coal from Spitfire. Contacted their support last Thursday, got a pleasant message that they would get back to me, and never heard back. So for me this has soured my experience and doubt I will do any business with them in the future.

No thank you from me! I never received my codes for the Wishlist. Had everything good to go before Christmas and got nothing but coal from Spitfire. Contacted their support last Thursday, got a pleasant message that they would get back to me, and never heard back. So for me this has soured my experience and doubt I will do any business with them in the future.
Give them time. I'm sure @Karma can help you out.

tempted on Chrysalis too. I'm know Time Macro has a harp, but i love the morphing abilities of Chrysalis. Thoughts?
Yes, that's why I bought it. I have Time Macro and Elysium Harp for my main "harps" but I wanted to be able to do more pads and atmospheres too.

What I really like is the ability to mix the original "pure" harp sounds with the "morphed" harp and get some really wonderful combo's. Also, you can midi learn the FX/Pure tone sliders and automate the morphing of the sounds on while you're playing... that makes for some very beautiful transitions.

You only have about an hour and half left to decide... for the price I think it's well worth it and I'm really enjoying it.

Last edited:
Worth contacting them anyway. Mr Henson in his latest vlog mentioned that support will “consider all cases”, the implication being that the discounts will be honoured. Worth a shot anyway.

Worth contacting them anyway. Mr Henson in his latest vlog mentioned that support will “consider all cases”, the implication being that the discounts will be honoured. Worth a shot anyway.
Exactly. Please don't take it out on SFA. they've been inundated and are doing their best. Just give it time.

Last edited:
I'm so glad to see this thread. I am grateful for your exciting holiday promotions. Every year I pick up some tremendous libraries I might not normally have explored. Thanks from all of us!!

"Still yet to receive your codes? Don't worry, we won't let you miss out! Head over to our support channel here: spitfireaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us"

Top Bottom