What's new

Template Bloat - Dealing with it, creating 2 Basic String Templates for Part Writing

Paul Jelfs

Hi there,

Some of you may have been here, where you find your template (if you work that way ) gets larger and larger to cover all your options.

But sometimes, too much choice is a bad thing- causes more problems and decision makinng wasting time.

Therefore i want to create 2 BASIC, small , Maximum say 10 VSTS, as i am working on writing for string parts in detail just now.
So could i get suggestions for which 1 or 2 libraries you would choose for working on Mock ups if they were your ONLY option for

A String Quartet template (2 Violins, Viola Celli)
A Full Orchestral String Section (20 Violins say- though working with 10+ and part writing is all that matters)

I have a few of the obvious ones (and obviously missing quite alot! ) but hopefully input will help guide me what they feel they get best results in this situation, with which string libraries

Here are a ones i have:

CSS Strings
Spitfire Chamber
Cine Solo Strings
Vienna Special Edition strings.
Native SS Strings

If there is one that everyone feels would work even better with EXPOSED parts for either a quartet or Full Section , then it might be what i ask for , my Xmas :P

I dont have CSS but I hear its very good - I would probably go with that for full orchestral. I use LASS quite a bit which is pretty versatile in sound and playability so can recommend. I have NI SS Strings but didn't really click with it. Haven't used Cine Solo Strings - Spitfire Solo strings are pretty good, though I really liked the Spitfire Sacconi Quartet and would recommend that.

Top Bottom