Teaser Out for iZotope RX 8

PeterBaumann

Just realise that Post-Production Suite locks you into a package upgrade. That's why I don't own it.

I think that InSight 2 has real benefits over the original. I purchased it on sale for US$99. If you don't purchase the Post-Production package, maybe wait for the next time it's discounted.
Thanks for the heads up, I've just emailed iZotope for clarity on this. If that's the case, that's not ideal. I'm getting into more surround work so the reverbs that come with the Post Suite are quite appealing, as is a functioning version of Insight, and Nectar 3. Dialogue Match isn't of much use to me as I don't use Pro Tools, but apart from that, all looks like things I'd use.

OP
Rory

Rory

Amateur Auteur
Thanks for the heads up, I've just emailed iZotope for clarity on this. If that's the case, that's not ideal. I'm getting into more surround work so the reverbs that come with the Post Suite are quite appealing, as is a functioning version of Insight, and Nectar 3. Dialogue Match isn't of much use to me as I don't use Pro Tools, but apart from that, all looks like things I'd use.
It would be great if you could follow up when you hear back from iZotope. If the Post-Production Suite elements qualify for individual upgrades at the most attractive rates, that would be good to know.

PeterBaumann

It would be great if you could follow up when you hear back from iZotope. If the Post-Production Suite elements qualify for individual upgrades at the most attractive rates, that would be good to know.
Will do, although it might be a while...

OP
Rory

Rory

Amateur Auteur
Mike Thornton knows RX cold. Unfortunately, he hasn't done a tutorial series since RX5, but this overview of RX8 is a good introduction:

PeterBaumann

My email from 3rd September went unanswered, so I just tried their live chat on their website and got an instant response. With the below in mind, I can't see a downside to upgrading from RX to PPS.

iZotope Customer Service: When you purchase Post Production Suite, you can upgrade any of the plugins within the Suite individually. So if you would like to upgrade just the RX plugin in the future, you can do that.

Me: So just to confirm, right now I can upgrade RX for $299 as I am an RX Advanced customer OR I can upgrade from RX to the Post-Production Suite for $499. If I do the latter, when RX9 comes out I can upgrade just that product for the $299 (or equivalent) price - ie. it still sees it as an RX Advanced to RX Advanced upgrade path?

iZotope Customer Service: This is correct, yes.

Me: Please can you also just confirm for me what the current price is for someone who owns PPS4 (the previous version) just to upgrade to RX 8 Advanced. Is it $299?

iZotope Customer Service: Yes, this is correct. It is also $299 to upgrade from PPS 4 to PPS 5

PeterBaumann

Has anyone managed to find a better price than direct in the UK? I was going to go for the JRRShop Group Buy but it's not available in the UK due to JRR Shop not being set up for VAT - Specifically looking at the Post-Production Suite upgrade which is $499 direct.

Edit: $499 + Taxes, so $593.81 total

Last edited:

PeterBaumann

Cheapest I've found for the PPS5 is through Sweetwater who are offering the suite for $499 (no freebies that Plugin Boutique have) and there don't seem to be any taxes added at checkout for UK purchases, so that works out at about £388.

Plugin Boutique: £429 and the price includes iZotope Trash 2 & UJAM Carbon. NB. it seems this freebie is valid on any purchases, so if you want the freebies, you'd probably be better off buying PPS5 at Sweetwater and buying one of the really cheap products from Plugin Boutique to get the freebies.

iZotope direct is offering just the Suite for £438.22 with a 5% voucher (appeared as a pop-up when I added it to my basket and went to use another browser tab).

Last edited: