Tape Emulation Plugins. Give me your experiences

OP
D

doctoremmet

Very different, but I picked up this one for longer term fun !! Maybe try Demo ?

Yes that one caught my eye too. When I need euclidian arpeggiators I am well served in Falcon 2 and Ableton Live. But I am sure you’ll have a ton of fun with this!! ❤

el-bo

I can't shake the desire to have a nice vibey EQ/compressor, or a channel strip, or a tape plugin, just one select thing or things, to use as a little bit of fairy dust over stuff. At the same time, I have no idea what I'm after or if it's really something tangible to begin with, or if I shouldn't just stick to the plain transparent stuff I use in Logic. Guess I'll read this thread again?
@Mike T

There are vibey goodies to be had, within LPX:

Try using different units on different channels/tracks,while mixing into a 'main' unit, on the masterbuss. If you don't want to look elsewhere, CHOW seems like a great place to start:

Mike T

boring member
Yeah the Logic stuff is nice, although I'm not sure how it holds up to the most picky gear peoples' ears. I like using the Pultec and SSL compressor when I want something a little less pristine.

el-bo

Yeah the Logic stuff is nice, although I'm not sure how it holds up to the most picky gear peoples' ears. I like using the Pultec and SSL compressor when I want something a little less pristine.
There are going to be many times when a more subtle touch is needed, but I imagine the audience for many of these types of videos are looking for a much more obviously destructive sonic signature.

Would definitely be interested to see how these algo's would fare if they were adding slight drive, on each track, culminating in some kind of mix summing glue.

Might give it a try, at some point.