What's new

Take Me With You (Emotional Strings Instrumental)

OP
E

e-nemy

With all due respect, I’d lose the solo violin and try building the theme using the ensemble instead.
I'm afraid you're right. Perhaps I can sneak the solos in for the intro and then build into an ensemble? But yeah the second half makes it clear the solos are too "naked". Cheers.

Wolfie2112

I'd also try adding some more definition to the theme going on here, it just seems to go on and on with no change. I would also program some some dynamics into the strings.

OP
E

e-nemy

I'd also try adding some more definition to the theme going on here, it just seems to go on and on with no change. I would also program some some dynamics into the strings.
I've incorporated your advice and Frederick's. Hopefully I did OK?

ism

I'm afraid you're right. Perhaps I can sneak the solos in for the intro and then build into an ensemble? But yeah the second half makes it clear the solos are too "naked". Cheers.
The issue is more the phrasing of the solo violin, the tone is nice, and I can see the melody working on a solo violin, but it needs smoother dynamics, perhaps some gentle progressive vibrato, maybe a touch of rubato here and there. (These are just guesses, i’m no expert on idiomatic violin).

Maybe get it to sit deeper in the mix, maybe with more reverb? (Again, just a guess)

Last edited:

Wolfie2112

Hey, nice improvement for sure! It's amazing how just simple programming can breath life into a composition.

Kudos to you for taking constructive criticism very well, very important for a composer.

OP
E

e-nemy

Hey, nice improvement for sure! It's amazing how just simple programming can breath life into a composition.

Kudos to you for taking constructive criticism very well, very important for a composer.
It wasn't something I was used to when young I admit, but now it's just something I happily accept to improve my music. Although I am very sensitive about my singing and still in denial...but meh never going to upload that publicly!

Here's the final version. I don't think I can do much more with it, but yeah still open to pointers and suggestions, which I'll take note and use for future compositions.

Top Bottom