Take Me With You (Emotional Strings Instrumental)

Discussion in 'Member's Compositions' started by e-nemy, May 15, 2019.

1. e-nemy

e-nemy New Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Perth

Pretty emotional I think? Hope you enjoy it. Really loving what Cinematic Studios does.

Regards.

Wally Garten likes this.
  2. Frederick Russ

Frederick Russ Founder Emeritus

With all due respect, I’d lose the solo violin and try building the theme using the ensemble instead.

e-nemy likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    e-nemy

e-nemy New Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Perth
    I'm afraid you're right. Perhaps I can sneak the solos in for the intro and then build into an ensemble? But yeah the second half makes it clear the solos are too "naked". Cheers.

4. Wolfie2112

Wolfie2112 Senior Member

I'd also try adding some more definition to the theme going on here, it just seems to go on and on with no change. I would also program some some dynamics into the strings.

e-nemy likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    e-nemy

e-nemy New Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Perth
    I've incorporated your advice and Frederick's. Hopefully I did OK?

6. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    The issue is more the phrasing of the solo violin, the tone is nice, and I can see the melody working on a solo violin, but it needs smoother dynamics, perhaps some gentle progressive vibrato, maybe a touch of rubato here and there. (These are just guesses, i’m no expert on idiomatic violin).

Maybe get it to sit deeper in the mix, maybe with more reverb? (Again, just a guess)

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    e-nemy likes this.
  7. Wolfie2112

Wolfie2112 Senior Member

Hey, nice improvement for sure! It's amazing how just simple programming can breath life into a composition.

Kudos to you for taking constructive criticism very well, very important for a composer.

e-nemy likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    e-nemy

e-nemy New Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Perth
    It wasn't something I was used to when young I admit, but now it's just something I happily accept to improve my music. Although I am very sensitive about my singing and still in denial...but meh never going to upload that publicly!

Here's the final version. I don't think I can do much more with it, but yeah still open to pointers and suggestions, which I'll take note and use for future compositions.