What's new

Tagging other members

desert

Just here so I don't get fined
It would be great if we could tag other members so we can remember who they are or what they do:

Example:
- Professional Orchestrator
- Amateur Mixer
- This guy knows his stuff
- Not really helpful guy

For me it's a trust thing. I would believe a member who suggested I record a different way if I knew his background (and have already tagged him as a professional recordist)

Hope I'm making sense

Would you really tag someone with this?
It was just an example and only you would see the tag

I would tag you as "Knows how to midi orchestrate" based on your CSS Rober track. So any other post you comment with regarding tips and tricks about midi orchestrating, I would believe or at least presume you know what you're talking about

While I like the general idea of tagging usernames I am not with you marking people with that kind of "attributes" either good or bad ones. This leads to people to put certain members into categories which I find neither useful nor objective which could be more important thing to me. I am of the opinion that the people who regurlarly attend the forum already know who can do this and that and not. The basic idea is not that bad by itself though.

I may be mistaken, but I took the OP to mean "tag for my own use," not a public brand of praise or shame. If such labels were private, they could be useful, especially for those who rarely visit the site.

I agree with those who argue that public labels are not a good idea. Although it might be quite entertaining.

I may be mistaken, but I took the OP to mean "tag for my own use," not a public brand of praise or shame. If such labels were private, they could be useful, especially for those who rarely visit the site.

Yes , that would be fine , then.

this was my take on it also

On the other hand, if they were public, it would be almost like a mud-slinging election in which people call each other names -- enormously satisfying and fun for all.

On the other hand, if they were public, it would be almost like a mud-slinging election in which people call each other names -- enormously satisfying and fun for all.

You are joking probably but one thing that makes me despair for our future is that so many people seemingly do enjoy that .

Maybe I wasn't clear - but I meant the tagging is for private/your own use ONLY. There's no way it would work if it was public haha.

Edit: Again, people would never see what you tagged the other members as.

Top Bottom