What's new

Synchron Prime Edition Sample Talk Thread

Running up against a nasty issue on my laptop where Pro Tools crashes every time I try to open a project that has been saved with an instrument track that has a Synchron Player instance and a Prime library loaded. Still need to do more testing to figure exactly where the issue is, but it doesn't seem to happen when it's only the Synchron Player loaded, so I think the issue is with Prime. I tried a full uninstall and re-download/install of Prime and that didn't fix anything.

Will try it on another machine in a few days but just a heads up to anyone with PT.
Please contact our support: [email protected]

I like the way this demo sounds. Great composition, and techniques of using Synchron Player. Thanks VSL, Paul, and Guy Bacos.

I like the way this demo sounds. Great composition, and techniques of using Synchron Player. Thanks VSL, Paul, and Guy Bacos.

Actually, the Guy Bacos demos are the only ones that sound convincing to me. It's odd how there aren't a lot of demos or posted original pieces around, with the exception of classical mockups.

I was testing the demo of Prime, for my surprise the Brass are the stand out of the whole package, rich and full. Then, String… a little synthetic at higher notes like others seems to perceive but at the same time sound consistent and very refined, and for me doesn’t sound as huge as others orchestral strings that you could have or expect. These sound more
controlled, smaller or focused. And at lastest level was the woods, I can’t feel the life in it… and also not having tutti ensambles for Woods it’s a big down side. This only section leave me wonder if the Pro WSynchron could get much more of these refined recordings, sound refined and consistent. Of course that’s was my felling comparing head to head to another’s full orchestras. Synchron Player? hands down the most practical player of all, everything it’s right there to manipulate without distracting from the flow of creation, besides, to my taste I would love to see an icon instrument image in the library selection menu for every section and library. My screen it’s big enough but with laptops could imply extra effort every time to select one section or another and reading every time it’s not so practical. VSL gives you a 30 days trail. Amazing. If I doesn’t have other expensive vst full orchestras I think I will go blinded for VSL Prime and then upgrade every section later on. Thanks

I tried the free demo too. Here're my impressions:

- Synchron player is so efficient to use. Ram usage is surprising low.
- Dynamic crossfade. Strings, brass and woodwinds have very smooth dynamic crossfading, no volume bump. It's what I love it most.
- Strings have a natural vibrato but no vibrato control is available.
- Harp sounds dreamy, but the dynamic isn't smooth to me. High notes are low in volume.
- Percussion sounds a bit weak. Suspended cymbals sound a bit thin and not resonant enough.
- I have mixed feel for the baked in synchron reverb. It glues all instruments together so well, but sometimes just overwhelming to me.

Thank you VSL so much for offering a free touch of the beautiful Synchron products!

Last edited:
I have tried the demo integrated with Sibelius but I cannot get the percussion to work. I have tried Tech support but they basically tell me to read the troubleshooting section. Is anybody else having trouble with percussion and Sibelius using Prime Edition?

@Ben
Hi Ben,
I apologize if this has been answered before (but I could not find it anywhere): There is the introductory price on the Synchron Prime Edition till the 31th May. There are also a crossgrade prices for those owning some of the Synchron collections. Are the crossgrade prices also related to the introductory price (and thus change after the 31th May) or will they stay the same also after the introductory period?
Thanks.

@Ben
Hi Ben,
I apologize if this has been answered before (but I could not find it anywhere): There is the introductory price on the Synchron Prime Edition till the 31th May. There are also a crossgrade prices for those owning some of the Synchron collections. Are the crossgrade prices also related to the introductory price (and thus change after the 31th May) or will they stay the same also after the introductory period?
Thanks.
You will still get crossgrade dicounts, but they will not stay the same.

I know this is the wrong thread but has anyone downloaded the Free Violin Runs? OMG, they are amazing. I love using the Locrian mode run to get my best Goldsmith Capricorn One on!

Top Bottom