What's new

SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions > Epic Orchestra?

I have the SpEd Synchrons 1&2. Do I need the Epic Orchestra 2? I want to put the Epic Orchestra on my other system since it does not have the Synchron Player.

Does upgrading from the VSL SE version make you loose the license to use the original SE in the VI player? If not, do you actually get two licenses, and can maybe keep your original on a mobile rig while using the synchronized on your main rig on two separate Vienna Keys?

Yes, you keep your old license(s) and get new key(s). You could move them to a different eLicenser.

Almost a year on - how have you found the Synchron-ized Special Editions Vol 1 and 1 Plus? Do they get a lot of regular use?

Not the same, but I bought Volume 5 and it's great. Used it loads, like overly used.
Really tempted with Vol 6, need to check reviews though.

Reactions: Ben
Almost a year on - how have you found the Synchron-ized Special Editions Vol 1 and 1 Plus? Do they get a lot of regular use?
I do give a regular use to Synch-SE Vol1 & 1 Plus! They sound more in cohesion with all the other instruments due to the convolution reverb that is included.

Since I bought Vol 1 & 2 (I chose this path for a start, almost the same cost, and so many more instruments), it's my main orchestral library. The balance of the (1) articulations between the same instrument, and (2) the different instruments in the orchestra is simply close to perfection. I have never encountered such a balanced orchestral library so far!

Just keep in mind that this comes from someone with a "normal PC" that hasn't spent thousands on software and hardware! :)

I use Synchronized SE as my sketching tool. I've abandoned the ensemble libraries, because this one is really quick to set up. Create a track, open Synchron Player, select an instrument. If you, like me, use articulation sets/expression maps, select one, and you are ready to go.

Quick, easy, yet detailed. Very light, but of high sound quality. I think it can live in a final mix, with other sounds or a hybrid context, or a situation requiring less detail than the major libraries.

If you like to compose with ensembles, ensemble strings are there, and you can create ensemble winds with ease. I like it very much.

Paolo

I think it can live in a final mix, with other sounds or a hybrid context, or a situation requiring less detail than the major libraries.
Interesting you say that - so in your opinion the Synchron-ized SE instruments are not so "broadcast ready" compared to their full VSL counterparts or the major libraries of other developers, when it comes to sound quality, depth of sampling and realism?

Interesting you say that - so in your opinion the Synchron-ized SE instruments are not so "broadcast ready"

It all depends on the context. If you are making a mockup of a very nuanced orchestral score, SE doesn't have all the articulations you might want if accustomed to the full version. Short notes, for example, in SE are "just" three with the Plus version (Staccato, Short Détaché, Détaché). The full library has more variations. Velocity layers are usually just three – but this is the same amount of some other professional library.

If you are creating a piece where you don't have to go too deep into detail – for example, if you are working in a style not requiring extreme dynamic variations, or that is only asking for a few articulations (an accompaniment of legato strings with the occasional soft staccato), SE is perfectly fine for the final mix.

And I think that in a hybrid context SE would be all one needs for the acoustic part. Not to speak of the Synchron effects, allowing for organic synthetic sounds from the original orchestral sources.

Sound quality, being the same samples, is the same high quality of the full version. And the convolution reverb is fantastic. Flexibility, much less. But this is because the full version is crazily flexible.

Paolo

Top Bottom