What's new

Synchron-ized Special Edition

Yes, exactly. Reverb is already included and matched between the instruments. You get different presets to choose from (close, classic, ambient...) and you can disable all reverb if you want.

Solves thing what i feel is hardest thing for writing virtual orchestra. saddly i cannot put same hall other source instruments with this set.(like some exotic flutes and guitar sample what i have)

Solves thing what i feel is hardest thing for writing virtual orchestra. saddly i cannot put same hall other source instruments with this set.(like some exotic flutes and guitar sample what i have)
You could (With Mir pro), but eventually VSL is also releasing Synchron IRs sooner or later... ?

Does anyone know when the promo prices end? If it's been said or is on their website, I must've missed it.

Also, to be honest, if I do get it. It's for the piano. I read their blurb, but am overall still confused as to what the difference is, sound wise. They added reverb?

Does anyone know when the promo prices end? If it's been said or is on their website, I must've missed it.

Also, to be honest, if I do get it. It's for the piano. I read their blurb, but am overall still confused as to what the difference is, sound wise. They added reverb?
upload_2019-6-6_16-54-18.png
;)

And yes, it has build-in IR reverb, that you can alter or turn off. Even additional effects for algorithmic reverb or sound design.

upload_2019-6-6_16-54-18.png
;)

And yes, it has build-in IR reverb, that you can alter or turn off. Even additional effects for algorithmic reverb or sound design.

Ah, thank you. You see, it was there right in front of my eyes. ;)

So that's it really. Some IR Reverb? That seems a little unnecessary. Though I do like that new interface. Might do it just for that. Thanks again.

So that's it really. Some IR Reverb? That seems a little unnecessary. Though I do like that new interface. Might do it just for that. Thanks again.
This is more then just a reverb. Each instrument gets a different reverb from the correct position on the Synchron Stage. So no need to pan the instrument, it is already correctly placed. Also the levels of all Synchron instruments are matched.

This is more then just a reverb. Each instrument gets a different reverb from the correct position on the Synchron Stage. So no need to pan the instrument, it is already correctly placed. Also the levels of all Synchron instruments are matched.

.... and there are tailor-made pre-EQ settings for each and every instrument, I would like to add (being the poor guy who created them :geek: ). Can be switched off, too, of course.

I'm still not sure if the samples included with Kontakt are the same as VSL SE, are they?
They shouldn't be exactly the same. Several clues say that the library included in Kontakt is a subset of the First Edition. The SE should be derived from the Opus 1, that is derived from the then-developing Pro Edition.

If I understand correctly, the First Edition was then included in the Pro Edition and then in the current Cube/Super Package. So, the base sound should be the same, even if the samples are the earlier ones, now replaced by versions at a higher resolution, longer, with more layers and a ton more articulations.

Paolo

Has anyone noticed it taking more resources than the original? Logic tells me it would probably require a bit more but curious how much more (would only use this as a portable laptop solution).

Was your previous template using MIR or your own reverbs? I'm guessing it would take about the same as a template that used MIR before. Maybe it also depends on how often you used velocity xfade before compared to whatever the sychronized is doing, because that could change the number of voices that get processed simultaneously.

It may not be my preferred piano, as for the sound (I'm after mellower piano sounds). But this thing is more than spectacular. And given away as a "lite" version.

I've always been convinced that the Special Edition was an undervalued library. This should prove it.

My preferred mic settings for classical onstage: Concert preset, then lower the Room mics to -12dB, leave the Close mics to -0dB. Focused, yet with a soul.

Paolo

Last edited:
I wonder if purchasing this, and then inserting my full VSL samples into those slots will reap me the benefits of all of Dietz work :).

I wonder if purchasing this, and then inserting my full VSL samples into those slots will reap me the benefits of all of Dietz work :).

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly :), but unaltered VI instrument samples will not play in the Synchron Player, only the Synchronized Versions will do so.

I’ve always been confused by the VSL website. Anybody know how much it would cost to move from VSL SE winds (basic) to SE full (basic) Synchron? Is there an upgrade price?

I’ve always been confused by the VSL website. Anybody know how much it would cost to move from VSL SE winds (basic) to SE full (basic) Synchron? Is there an upgrade price?
Log into your account and then add what you want to buy to the cart. Open the cart to see your final price. Don’t rely on the “Your Price” info button on the product page. As an example, my price to upgrade to the Synchron bundle was €432 but when I first upgraded to the VI bundle and then the Synchron bundle the cart calculated the price as €274. Quite a saving.

Top Bottom