What's new

Synchron Bösendorfer Imperial

Ben

VSL

Finally, it's here: The Synchron Bösendorfer Imperial.
Recorded in the Synchron Stage Vienna, capturing the warm, ritch tone of this masterpiece of an instrument.
Full 8 octaves, going down to the deep C. And including all other features that you already know from our other pianos.

Get yourself an Synchron Bösendorfer Imperial here for just € 210 (reg. € 285), or with additional mics for € 395 (reg. € 540). As always, audio demos available here.

Let me know what you think about it!

Also, make sure you are subscribed to our YouTube channel, so you don't miss any news and walkthroughs. There is something special coming up soon :)

Hi Ben,

this is a long awaited piano (for me), but... there is no crossgrade option from Vienna Imperial?
No. These are new recordings of our hand-picked Bösendorfer Imperial in the Synchron Stage.

Last edited:
since I have played a Bösendorfer for the first time at SWR studios in Mainz I felt in love with it and no piano has taken the 1st place since then. I am always looking for this mellow sound and powerful sound in sample libraries but haven't yet found it. Looking forward to the demos!

Reactions: Ben
If I buy the full version of one of your pianos, does your refund policy allow me to downgrade to the standard version within 14 days if I decide I don't need the extra mics, and have the difference refunded?

Will be interesting to compare the various VSTs of this piano, I am guessing nothing will come close to VSL

Considering that all other viable options (from Synthogy, EastWest, Best Service) were sampled 10+ years ago and IMHO have sound worse that old VSL Vienna Imperial, I do not see what to compare the new VSL Bosendorfer Imperial with.

This sounds nice!

How many vel layers, and any round robins?
All of our Synchron concert pianos have around ~70-80 velocity layers.
Capturing a complex instrument like a concert grand is quite a task, and there are quite a few “trade-secrets” that will remain well-kept.
The sheer number of samples shows the dimensions we’re dealing with. And the level of quality we achieved with all of our Synchron Pianos is only possible because our piano sample robot does such an amazing job.
Our goal is to make musicians happy with a virtual representation of the most exclusive instruments we can get our hands on - and I might add that the recording situation we have here @ Synchron Stage Vienna is another important factor that makes these instruments unique.

The best reward we can think of is the look on the faces of exceptional pianists who are blown away by our Synchron Pianos.

Here is a video about our sample robot:

Last edited:
If I buy the full version of one of your pianos, does your refund policy allow me to downgrade to the standard version within 14 days if I decide I don't need the extra mics, and have the difference refunded?
Yes, this is possible.

Hi Ben,

How long is the introductory period for?

Also will this be added to an updated Piano Bundle with all 5 pianos, and would the discount for completing the bundle be the same or greater than the current intro price?

Thanks

Hi Ben,

How long is the introductory period for?

Also will this be added to an updated Piano Bundle with all 5 pianos, and would the discount for completing the bundle be the same or greater than the current intro price?

Thanks
Hi! The intro price should last until the end of June.
Yes, after the intro sale it will be part of the bundle, but the intro price is better then the bundle completion price will be.

Top Bottom