What's new

Synchron Bösendorfer 280VC (Stage B)

Ben

VSL
Hi everyone!

Today I'm happy yo announce our newest entry in the Synchron Piano Series: The Synchron Bösendorfer 280VC, recorded in Stage B in our Synchron Stage Vienna (the same room as for the Synchron Blüthner 1895 and Synchron Bösendorfer Upright).

(More videos to come, so make sure to subscribe!)

The Bösendorfer 280VC is a true all-rounder, with distinct, clear and colorful sound. A huge dynamic range and our advanced piano sampling technology combined with the experience we gained from sampling the other Synchron pianos will make this piano come to live as soon as you start playing.
Recorded with 6 microphone positions and love for every detail of this piano, packed with 2x 6 main presets + 21 additional FX plugins.
You can check out the sound of each mic separately here.
Preset comparison: here. All audio demos: here.

Get your license
- Standard: € 215 (regular: €285)
- Full: € 345 (regular: €445)

And don't forget to update the Synchron Piano Player!

Best, Ben

Hi everyone!

Today I'm happy yo announce our newest entry in the Synchron Piano Series: The Synchron Bösendorfer 280VC, recorded in Stage B in our Synchron Stage Vienna (the same room as for the Synchron Blüthner 1895 and Synchron Bösendorfer Upright).

The Bösendorfer 280VC is a true all-rounder, with distinct, clear and colorful sound. A huge dynamic range and our advanced piano sampling technology combined with the experience we gained from sampling the other Synchron pianos will make this piano come to live as soon as you start playing.
Recorded with 6 microphone positions and love for every detail of this piano, packed with 2x 6 main presets + 21 additional FX plugins.

Get your license

Best, Ben

Sounds gorgeous. Another must buy!!

Reactions: Ben
Hi everyone!

Get your license

Best, Ben

Me: "OK - New Year's Resolution: I have more than enough sampled pianos. I'm done now . . ."

VSL: "Well how about THIS then?"

Me: " . . . but then again . . . "

I haven't listened to the VSL demos yet, but will do so now. I wanted to first check out the product page at the vendor's site:

Andras Schif is my favourite concert pianist who is still alive, so his endorsement and his video interview and playing excerpt, already have me sold that this might be the best piano yet, for solo work at least, where the different character of each register is so important.

In fact, this model reminds me a bit of my lifelong preferred brand, Mason & Hamlin.

Last edited:
It really has a unique voice all its own, even though there are influences from other pianos in there, including Erard. There are no jazz demos, but once I have installed it, I will give it a try in that context as well. I'm very impressed also by how good Keith Emerson's Tarkus excerpt sounds as an all-acoustic arrangement on this piano.

Doesn't this sound too bright and brittle in the upper register to anyone? Or is this piano not warm at all? Don't mean this in a bad way, but not what I expected.

Doesn't this sound too bright and brittle in the upper register to anyone? Or is this piano not warm at all? Don't mean this in a bad way, but not what I expected.
There aren't a lot of pianos that can do that sort of thing in the upper registers. That's one of the reasons I like it as much as I do.

We all have different ears and preferences. My older brother prefers Yamahas over any other brand, yet I find all three of their distinct series to share a common trait that to me sounds compressed and lacking dynamics compared to other brands. I no longer even like them for rock music.

When listening to audio of the actual instrument at the vendor's site, I hear no issues in any of the registers. In the VSL sample library demos, many of the demos feel a bit boomy in places, to my ears at least. I am fairly confident it's just a matter of personal preference and that my own custom mic mixes will clear this up, just as happened when I customized the other entries in the Synchron series.

So to your point, no I don't find it bright at all. Perhaps I'll even want to ADD some brightness to it. But I'm mostly a bassist, and like many bassists, I am very sensitive to the lower register, and any competition and mud in that frequency range, and hold a preference for trimming vs. boosting the audio content in the bass register so that things stand out more and are articulate.

I haven't had a chance to buy it yet -- I'm busy with non-stop job interviews now that I've driven cross country again to return to my permanent residence in California. I am hoping to have time and energy to do that tomorrow; right now my body thinks it's 1230am so I'm calling it a night. When I do get ahold of the library, I'll try to see how it fits into a jazz context, and may post a mix preset.

Top Bottom