What's new

Symphony Series String Ensemble - Mixer Bug / Error

A.P.

I am encountering serious Problems with the SSSE Mixer Page in Kontakt (5.x.x, 5.5.x and 5.6.x) and Logic Pro X (10.2.4). It`s a long time that this happens now and the 1.1 Update that I already did some time ago, did not resolve the issue.

The Mixer Page randomly hangs on after reopening Projects. The issue resolves in the mixer-page to be inactive. The instrument is playing back but changing the mixer (volume and mics) settings does not change the sample pool or the sound. The playback seems to hang on, although it acts on mod wheel and other automations, the sample playback is much louder or unnatural (somehow normalized). After re-opening projects I can only get rid of this error by reloading the patches every time, which is annoying when you have large orchestral templates to work. The error occurs when only one patch is loaded and/or in multis.

Apart from this Problem I encountered issues with the balancing of the Sections, especially in the Violin Section. I made myself single divisi patches (leg/short/trem) and I can't understand why Vls1 B are nearly half as loud as the Vls2 B section (8 vs 7). And when I look at the seating-chart on NI-site it doesn't seem they were sat behind the A-Sections…

Maybe someone has similar troubles with this library and has found solutions or other workarounds for the Mixer Page problem…

I will report this to NI-Support too, in hope they`ll fix problems in the near future.

Regards,
A.P.

4core i7 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, El Capitan 10.11.6, NI KU10, Logic Pro X 10.2.4

TMHC

Hi, hitting the "panic" button in the KONTAKT header should reinitialize the instrument and reloading should not be necessary. The volume issues might be caused by orphaned / accidental automation (which would explain the necessity to reload the NKIs) or midi CCs assignments in your template or an external controller.
Hope that helps.

OP
A.P.

A.P.

Hi, Thank you very much… I will try it the next time I'm in Logic. Hopefully it will solve the problem…
Cheers,

A.P.

OP
A.P.

A.P.

Hey TMHC,
unfortunately clicking the panic button (!) does not solve the problem. Thank you anyway for your contribution…
Regards,
A.P.

Top Bottom