What's new

Sure, I'll give you songs for free - WHAT!!!

I'm wondering what the actual scam is.

It looks like a hustler trying to scam up some songs to sell to people he wants to know but it's such a lame attempt I can't help thinking there's some other scam going on.

"Yo dog, DizzeeBigBeats wants this song but we need to record a better demo to convince his team. Send me $200, I'll make it happen."

I'm wondering what the actual scam is.

It looks like a hustler trying to scam up some songs to sell to people he wants to know but it's such a lame attempt I can't help thinking there's some other scam going on.

"Yo dog, DizzeeBigBeats wants this song but we need to record a better demo to convince his team. Send me $200, I'll make it happen."
Good point - maybe he is a "beats broker"

"This is unpaid but it’s a HUGE PLACEMENT & opportunities.. u will get credit, I am a singer songwriter working with major artist on a big record label."

TRANSLATION:

This is unpaid but I'm going to submit these songs to DistroKid. It will have the potential to reach hundreds of millions of people, but chances are it will get noticed by around 40. I am a singer and songwriter (although if I were any good at songwriting, I wouldn't have to place this ad) and I'm working with a guy who who once subbed for the keyboard player at the local Elks Lodge. He releases music on his independent label, Olive Green Octopus Records, which he runs out of his bedroom. (But it's a legitimate label because I've seen his business cards and promo keychains from Cafe Press.)

"This is unpaid but it’s a HUGE PLACEMENT & opportunities.. u will get credit, I am a singer songwriter working with major artist on a big record label."

TRANSLATION:

This is unpaid but I'm going to submit these songs to DistroKid. It will have the potential to reach hundreds of millions of people, but chances are it will get noticed by around 40. I am a singer and songwriter (although if I were any good at songwriting, I wouldn't have to place this ad) and I'm working with a guy who who once subbed for the keyboard player at the local Elks Lodge. He releases music on his independent label, Olive Green Octopus Records, which he runs out of his bedroom. (But it's a legitimate label because I've seen his business cards and promo keychains from Cafe Press.)
XEMzkEY.gif

Top Bottom