What's new

Super solid MIDI Expression pedal ?

got the FC-7.

nice pedal, but no way to calibrate the Expression data range in the pedal or my Studiologic controller.

better than the ProLine, but still unusable.

looks like Studiologic is an odd duck with expression pedal compatibility.

their models are unavailable as well.

Last edited:
My FC-7 has lasted me 16 years!

Damn you beat me.
I’ve had mine for 14.
I do have to use the Ashby Adapters on my Italian Controller but I wear a 12 in boots and stomp the hell out of these because I don’t sit when I play.

But if you really want the very best sickest Pedal ever made check out the Source Audio Reflex.

I used mine for a special gig and it does incredible feats of magic and has CV out for your Analog kit while using 5 other Expression sends.

They’re complicated but 128 presets is enough to get the job done.
I only wish it was built like the FC7.
It’s actually a higher quality metal build, very sturdy.
But I’m happier with fat bastards like the FC7.

I once bought a KORG XVP-20 to use for digital composing. The output had a logarithmic curvature though so it was impossible to make smooth swells (e.g. for string sample libraries) with it.

Are there any expression pedals that have linear output and will work with my Komplete Kontrol S61 keyboard?

I have the Yamaha FC7 (which has 50k a logarithmic pot) and i have the same problem.
Any recommendation ?

no one into the FCB1010?

for those interested, i made a video a while back to assign footswitch to change articulations and also assign midi expression cc11 and cc1 to the 2 pedals on the behringer FCB1010.
i mainly did it so i can remeber to setup and it was a fast tutorial so sorry about the camera shake

the idea is that you can play with two hands the keyboard and with the foot can change from short note to long note string articulations and use one of the pedals to control dynamics. i play mostly midi guitar so this is a little more usefull than keyboard players i think...
still.. one short step towards playing live in a plaza for some change on a hat :)[/MEDIA]

for those interested, i made a video a while back to assign footswitch to change articulations and also assign midi expression cc11 and cc1 to the 2 pedals on the behringer FCB1010.
i mainly did it so i can remeber to setup and it was a fast tutorial so sorry about the camera shake

the idea is that you can play with two hands the keyboard and with the foot can change from short note to long note string articulations and use one of the pedals to control dynamics. i play mostly midi guitar so this is a little more usefull than keyboard players i think...
still.. one short step towards playing live in a plaza for some change on a hat :)[/MEDIA]

Great idea! How it reacts as an expression pedal ?

I understand that we want to keep the price acceptable for an expression pedal but if you are willing to spend $50 more and add a USB port , check out Audiofront.net . They make a voltage to USB port for any expression pedal that you can calibrate and other cool stuff . They also make the 4 input version . The editor software is very well designed . I find that this is one of those hidden gems .

I have the Yamaha FC7 (which has 50k a logarithmic pot) and i have the same problem.
Any recommendation ?

FC7 actually has a linear pot, IIRC, it's the way the pedal is linked to the pot via cam that makes it feel different.

Anyways I had my two FC7s modified by soldering some resistors to reduce the resistance to 10 KOhm. Works great with my Kurzweil PC3K8.

On NI's keyboards there's pedal calibration option IIRC, so it will work with all pedals, 10k, 20k, 25k, 50k...

And as far as lin/log, you can always correct this by processing MIDI with some MIDI FX that reshapes MIDI CCs. Or with a Kontakt multiscript.

FC7 actually has a linear pot, IIRC, it's the way the pedal is linked to the pot via cam that makes it feel different.

Anyways I had my two FC7s modified by soldering some resistors to reduce the resistance to 10 KOhm. Works great with my Kurzweil PC3K8.

On NI's keyboards there's pedal calibration option IIRC, so it will work with all pedals, 10k, 20k, 25k, 50k...

And as far as lin/log, you can always correct this by processing MIDI with some MIDI FX that reshapes MIDI CCs. Or with a Kontakt multiscript.

Thanks i will try it!

Old thread but in case someone's listening - has anyone tried the FC7 with an M-Audio Hammer 88 successfully? Tempted to go for one.

Top Bottom