What's new

Suggest a good Classical Distribution Service?

Holden Sandman

I'm currently releasing my music through LANDR and DistroKid but neither cater for original contemporary classical releases.

I'm happy with my existing services for my electronic releases but I'd like to find a good distributor who can get my original contemporary classical releases on to Apple Music etc.

Any advice appreciated.

CGR

Pianist, Composer & Arranger
I've released 2 albums (acoustic piano based) via Soundrop. Smooth registration/upload process, and they offer a broad range of platforms (Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, Google Play)

rgames

Collapsing the Wavefunction
It didn't occur to me that some distro services limit you to certain genres. I've used CDBaby and I don't recall any such limitation, so maybe check them out.

How do LANDR and DistroKid apply the limitation?

Thanks,

rgames

CGR

Pianist, Composer & Arranger
I'm currently releasing my music through LANDR and DistroKid but neither cater for original contemporary classical releases.

I'm happy with my existing services for my electronic releases but I'd like to find a good distributor who can get my original contemporary classical releases on to Apple Music etc.

Any advice appreciated.
Noticed your username :)
A Holden Sandman, Surfboard, Chocolate Big M & Chicko Roll. What a combo!

OP
Holden Sandman

Holden Sandman

It didn't occur to me that some distro services limit you to certain genres. I've used CDBaby and I don't recall any such limitation, so maybe check them out.

How do LANDR and DistroKid apply the limitation?
The limitation is a technical one for distribution platforms that has to do with Meta Data. I don't fully understand why the limitation exists but it does with a few distributors.

OP
Holden Sandman

Holden Sandman

I'm still looking for a new distributor that can handle classical metadata, any recommendations will be most appreciated.

Top Bottom