Successful Android TV box + touchscreen Lemur/TouchOSC setups?

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by amundsen, May 9, 2018.

1. Manaberry

Manaberry Senior Member

Apr 9, 2018
    @amundsen I've talked to the developer of Open Stage Control. After some confusion on my side, he helped me to set correctly the software. His tool does MIDI message without any M4L device of something.
    There is three things needed: Python, Open Stage Control and loopMidi.

I will create a proper tutorial later for Win users once I've fully experimented the soft on my side.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    amundsen likes this.
  2. Manaberry

Manaberry Senior Member

Apr 9, 2018
    @amundsen It seems my android box has some difficulties to display proper resolution. It says 1080p but it doesn't look like my computer resolution... It's so blurry and big. Impossible to read my articulations setup.
    Does your android box work well on that point? I'm about to ask Amazon to return my Box to get yours instead

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  3. OP
    OP
    amundsen

amundsen Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Hello Manaberry, I can't really tell about the real resolution of the Android box because my laptop has a 17" screen and my touchscreen has a size of 21.5". However I couldn't go beyond 1280 x 676 pixels for my Lemur layout until now so you might be right. I'll check again if I can display something with a higher resolution. Maybe you could try a box with a 4k compatibility?

4. OP
    OP
    amundsen

amundsen Member

Jun 26, 2016
    After checking I can confirm it was not possible to go beyond a width of 1280 pixels despite the "1080p" setting.

5. Manaberry

Manaberry Senior Member

Apr 9, 2018
    That's exactly the issue to me. 1080p maybe as supported video format but it is not the output display's resolution.
    To me it sounds like a "marketing mess to hide things like that".
    I tried my laptop on my touch screen, it worked perfectly. I will take this option instead of android tv box.

Thanks for your replies! Really helpful.

amundsen likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    amundsen

amundsen Member

Jun 26, 2016
    I've just discovered the I-series from Elo : signage devices running Android and equipped with an Ethernet port. The first series were running Android 4.4.2 but the 2.0 series have Nougat. Sizes of 10, 15 and 22 inches are available. Quite expensive but less cables and true 1080p display I guess.

7. dbawmp

dbawmp Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
  8. neelesh

neelesh New Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Hello everyone! Nice to see you all trying out different ideas and touch screen solutions

Has anyone used the composer tools pro from. Midi kinetics in one of your Android touchscreen ?

I am particularly. Interested in getting myself a custom Android signage type. Touch interface not unlike DBA above me . I was just wondering if anyone had any luck with some premade. Product / template and big custom touch screen?

Thanks a lot

9. OP
    OP
    amundsen

amundsen Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Be aware that some Android signage devices do not have access to the Play store.

10. OP
    OP
    amundsen

amundsen Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Also, a big screen size doesn't mean that the resolution is proportional to the size. So you might have to check the pixel/cm or pixel/inch ratio.

11. Havoc911

Havoc911 Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    The guy over at 14bitMIDI.com looks like he's going to relaunch next week. It would open up the possibility of a primary display touch screen as his solution is not DAW specific like D-touch or Raven, but rather a VST plugin (assuming nothing about that changed since the last version).

12. topaz

topaz Senior Member

Ok, just ordered a 15.6 Hanns g touchscreen to see if it works with an old android 5.1 tv box.

If it doesn't it's a return and a postage fee loss.

Will let you all know how it goes, tits up or other wise.

13. topaz

topaz Senior Member

Hey, can you please post your monitor model number, and is multi touch working ?

did you test with TouchDAW ? cheers.

14. nawzadhaji

nawzadhaji Active Member

Feb 12, 2017
    I have a problem with Lemur Editor on my Mac. When I use it with external monitors in macBook it's impossible to use it ,lemur Freezing . where I can find help and support pleas ? thank