What's new

Stylus RMX Expansions/Etc

Hello,

I just purchased Stylus RMX and am loving it so far. Especially after watching the tutorials I realize how powerful it is. However I'd like to update the loop library to avoid having the same loops as a ton of jingle/etc during the 2000s.

I've noticed a few REX supported packs from Impact Soundworks, TimeSpace, BigFishAudio, and Zero-G. Just wondering if there are any other developers/companies I should keep an eye on for further loops/expansions?

Purchased many RX2 or REX libs from Loop Loft starting apprx 5 years ago. They changed name since, but maybe can track down. Diverse content from top drummers. Very useful and made RMX even stronger. Will post if able to find more current info.
In Session Audio may provide all OP needs tho.

You can´t go wrong with this one. Great sounds 0,99 €

You can´t go wrong with this one. Great sounds 0,99 €

Ah yeah I picked this one up yesterday! Crazy what you get for such a low price. Thank you to everyone for the info so far! I've been checking them all out

Ah yeah I picked this one up yesterday! Crazy what you get for such a low price. Thank you to everyone for the info so far! I've been checking them all out
And for long haul ..... !!

Waaay more $$$, but huge content that keeps tempting ..... ;)

I am pretty sure loop loft became yurt rock. Pages look very similar.

Many thanks for this info ! Barely aware of Yurt Rock but this Link confirms Ryan Gruss ' involvement, which is cool. Ryan was often helpful at Loop Loft and Yurt Rock will now be of more interest going forward. :thumbsup:

Regards

Man I have every single one of those libraries and paid full/intro pricing on each one of them. Oh well, they are fantastic though a touch dated-sounding now. But such an amazing steal at that price. 9VoltAudio is now InSessionAudio.
Cool to know the 9VoltAudio / InSessionAudio tie, as now leaning heavily to Drumatic Creator while awaiting World percussion Creator. THX !

Any Rex file can be installed into Stylus so the sky is the limit
Yes, but to make this work reliably you need to know a couple of things that are not very well documented. First, the Sage Converter app requires your *.rx2 files to be organized as follows: main folder -> one or more subfolders -> one or more *.rx2 files in each subfolder. You can think of the main folder as a loop library and the subfolders as the songs or construction kits included in the library. Second, there is a limit on the number of *.rx2 files in any one subfolder; it might be 66. I don't remember the limit exactly but I'll try to look it up soon. [See edit below.]

Many commercial loop libraries meet this specification automatically, but you can run into trouble importing your own samples if you are not aware of it.

EDIT: The limit on *.rx2 files in one subfolder is 61, not 66, according to two independent sources.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure loop loft became yurt rock. Pages look very similar.

Yurt Rock is the new imprint of the guy that was running Loop Loft. However, NI bought the Loop Loft back in 2018.

Yes, but to make this work reliably you need to know a couple of things that are not very well documented. First, the Sage Converter app requires your *.rx2 files to be organized as follows: main folder -> one or more subfolders -> one or more *.rx2 files in each subfolder. You can think of the main folder as a loop library and the subfolders as the songs or construction kits included in the library. Second there is a limit on the number of *.rx2 files in any one subfolder; it might be 66. I don't remember the limit exactly but I'll try to look it up soon.

Many commercial loop libraries meet this specification automatically, but you can run into trouble importing your own samples if you are not aware of it.
A little known change they made last year, presumably driven by the Sage Converter being a little, erm, temperamental and barely functional for a while on recent OS X versions is that you can import REX files directly using the standalone. I haven't stress tested on big folders but the import seems to handle a flat folder of rx2 files reasonably well and will dump a folder of them in the Converted REX Files area.

You can reorganise them using a file manager so you don't wind up with all the imported stuff in the Converted area.

Hello,

I just purchased Stylus RMX and am loving it so far. Especially after watching the tutorials I realize how powerful it is. However I'd like to update the loop library to avoid having the same loops as a ton of jingle/etc during the 2000s.

I've noticed a few REX supported packs from Impact Soundworks, TimeSpace, BigFishAudio, and Zero-G. Just wondering if there are any other developers/companies I should keep an eye on for further loops/expansions?

Oh yeah... I remember 9voltaudio. Considered buying some of their stuff years ago. That's a heck of a deal for what appears to be all of their libraries.

I kind of remember 9volt going out of business. Seems like there was some anger and frustration over pirating. (No doubt, rightfully so!) It's good to know they remade themselves as InSessionAudio.

Top Bottom