What's new

Studio One - Why no professional endorsements?

dylanmixer

What the title says. I'm a Cubase user, sort of peaking over the fence in to the neighbors yard (S1), and I'm wondering why there hasn't been any mainstream composers to endorse Studio One yet? It still seems that anybody who is anybody is still using Cubase, Logic, sometimes Pro Tools and sometimes DP. I feel as though it would give Presonus a huge boost to know that there are pro's that are using it. The fact that I can't think of a single one is one of the (few) things stopping me from making the switch.

Teddy Riley used to be their "biggest" name but then he abandoned it. They've only recently fully become a comparable and competitive DAW to the big boys, so perhaps more will come on board soon. But for the big guys, in general, they don't switch DAWs that often or at all.

Before version 4, Studio One was pretty limited in terms of MIDI editing and composer features.

This has changed with version 4 and version 5 :) Everything I personally always missed is there now (well, maybe some video or keyswitches features... but the rest is pretty awesome now).

Teddy Riley used to be their "biggest" name but then he abandoned it. They've only recently fully become a comparable and competitive DAW to the big boys, so perhaps more will come on board soon. But for the big guys, in general, they don't switch DAWs that often or at all.
oh shit did he??? I thought he still uses it... what's he on now? Ableton?

Personally I looked into it because Cory Pelizzari endorses it and I switched because of the 3 day trial through Splice. Coming from FL Studio I love it. Friend of mine is switching from Pro Tools as well. Just try the free trial and watch some tutorials imo.

There is some aspect of marketing of course, but there's also collaboration ability. Why does every composer (nearly) that works with Hans at Remote Control use Cubase, even if they were using something else previously? With choosing Studio One right now, you'll be a lone person on an island vs. when using Cubase or Logic, you're much more likely to be able to transfer projects around (if needed - especially if you have assistants or orchestrators). I honestly don't see this changing for Studio One for a long, long time - just look at home many people still rely on Pro Tools even though it would be considered "inferior" in many ways to other DAWs. It is the standard and likely will remain as such for some time still.

I'm a nobody who's barely professional but I endorse this. LOL.

It's quite a good DAW now. Workflow is as good as Cubase but without the crashes... and hang ups... and the dongle (sorry, I still like Cubase but I loathe the e licenser.. I don't have a beef with iLok tho).

That's correct and you can drag them around too but these keyswitches are ignored by all "musical" Actions like transpose, stretch, humanize. So these won't affect key switches.

Yes, I know. That's why it makes no sense at all to include them in the piano roll. They are there in their somehow special red lanes and not affected by some, but not all, actions. What Presonus did was actually the worst imaginable solution. Why not lock the keyswitches in the piano roll?
Oh yeah, talking about braindead decisions: why do tools in the arranger view an the edit views have different keycommands (pencil is '5' with tracks and '3' in the piano roll editor and '2' in the score view, split tool is either '2' or '3')? Why does the order of tools change too (eraser is between knife and pencil in the arranger view and after pencil in the editor)?

Top Bottom