What's new

Studio One users, how do you find S1 for big orchestral projects?

Can anyone tell me how to access/edit Spitfire Chamber Strings "Intensity" data in Studio One 5.4.1?

SCS manual states this is CC#15.

I'm not clear on how the the items in the "Automation" list window in Studio One map to a specific VI. It does show, for instance, "Vibrato", "Expression(MSB)", also "Release", and "Tightness", but no entry for "Intensity".

A little lost here. Also noticing "Expression" lane doesn't seem to do anything, whereas "Expression(MSB)" seems to map to CC#11.

Can anyone tell me how to access/edit Spitfire Chamber Strings "Intensity" data in Studio One 5.4.1?

I'm not clear on how the the items in the "Automation" list window in Studio One map to a specific VI. It does show, for instance, "Vibrato", "Expression(MSB)", also "Release", and "Tightness", but no entry for "Intensity".

A little lost here. Also noticing "Expression" lane doesn't seem to do anything, whereas "Expression(MSB)" seems to map to CC#11.
following.

Coming from a Studio One user, I'd strongly suggest Cubase for this sort of thing. It's just better and more stable at it. Studio One is good at many things except CPU performance and save times. Abysmal imo. I have been using it for a long time now, and I love it, but it's not ready for prime time regarding orchestral stuff. I myself am seeing myself strongly looking at Reaper again for that purpose, no matter how strongly I can feel against that DAW sometimes.

One day, I'm sure it'll click...
I'm building a mega template for BBCSO Pro, I'll keep you in the loop.
Studio One has the potential to become at least as good as Cubase Pro for very large templates - sound variations, no FX tracks limits I'm aware of and more.
However, the performance is very bad for simple things like filtering tracks above a few hundreds of tracks, so it's recommended to wait for when Presonus takes an interest in this clientele.
Other improvements woumd be to choose wider channels in the mixing console, or to show channel names on 2 or 3 lines.
These improvements would really be quite easy to programmers, so the ball is on Presonus side.

Thanks! I guess I'll just take a wait and see attitude re: Studio One. For instance, I sure we they would implement a MIDI event window.

Seems like not too many people are completely at home in any one DAW at this point. I find myself bouncing between S1 and Logic to try to get all my articulations and dynamics behaving. I'm starting in Dorico, which has evolved to doing a pretty good job, but there's still a tremendous amount of editing in the DAW to get things playing correctly.

Steps to reproduce:

i). Go to the lanes at the bottom of the midi edit window.

ii). Click on the ellipsis icon bottom left, will open up the automation selection panel.

iii). In the right hand section, scroll down until you see #015 or any other CC you want to add, some named like Expression others not.

iv). Click the add button. And close the selection window with Close button (bottom right of panel).

v). Tab should show up at far end of lanes, with 015.

vi). Write in the automation in your favourite way.

Hope that helps -- see image below for an example:

Intensity -- studio one.PNG

Steps to reproduce:

i). Go to the lanes at the bottom of the midi edit window.

ii). Click on the ellipsis icon bottom left, will open up the automation selection panel.

iii). In the right hand section, scroll down until you see #015 or any other CC you want to add, some named like Expression others not.

iv). Click the add button. And close the selection window with Close button (bottom right of panel).

v). Tab should show up at far end of lanes, with 015.

vi). Write in the automation in your favourite way.

Hope that helps -- see image below for an example:

Intensity -- studio one.PNG
or you can drag to the track using the hand in the upper left.

i was able to get CC15 working, but not really noticing any difference with the INTENSITY parameter in SA Chamber Strings Legato patches.

Top Bottom