What's new

Studio One Track Visibility Excruciatingly Slow

mjsalam

I am experiencing awful slowness with track visibility in S1 I've been setting up a Macro toolbar ...toying with showing/hiding instrument groups. Was working really nicely but at some point between 1 and ~550 tracks it became unusably slow. 15+ seconds to "Show All Tracks" ...maybe 10-20 seconds from something like "Show Strings". By comparison ...very similar track numbers in Cubase are much snappier when performing similar visibility changes. Anyone experiencing the similar?

Yes. I have 1500+ tracks. It works great but it does have a big lag. Especially the “show all”. That one is the worst because it opens all folders and shows everything. I actually find it faster to hide things. Once you need to show all again, it works but is certainly slower than I wish it was.

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunate, hopefully some performance improvements to come in this area.

Yea I agree. I really love what it offers, it's just the performance aspect that really needs improvement. I most likely need an explanation as to why it's so slow in terms of programing in the code.

Was hoping to see this improved a bit in 5.3. So far it seems considerably worse. I don't think its a viable approach to a template in S1 still. Show all taking around 40 seconds. Yikes.

• Wow
Reactions: AEF
It’s a known issue. I’ve reported it months ago. Easily reproducible.

Just add 100-150 empty instrument tracks and use the track filter function.

Cool thanks. So I guess the only viable approach is using track presets in S1 for the time being...

It’s a known issue. I’ve reported it months ago. Easily reproducible.

Just add 100-150 empty instrument tracks and use the track filter function.
I reported it like 5 years ago, no one cared, I moved on (REAPER) :)

So what does has everyone been doing thus far - just avoiding workflows that involve large track counts?

So what does has everyone been doing thus far - just avoiding workflows that involve large track counts?
Are you on Windows or Mac? I have not found this to be slow on Mac (with a 400 track template). But S1 won't perform nearly as well as Cubase with large templates.

Interesting - to be fair, I haven't loaded that template in 5.3 - which has caused some new issues for Mac users it would seem. On another template that has ~100 tracks, I didn't notice the slowness in 5.3 though.

Either way, Cubase wipes the floor with S1 in terms of large template performance and management (along with my workflow speed in general), so I'm sticking with that these days.

Top Bottom