Studio One Pro 4 - Sample One XT Sampling VI Not Working

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by muziksculp, Mar 15, 2019.

1. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hi,

I'm trying to sample notes of a VST Instrument, i.e. Mai Tai into Sample One XT, but there is no audio signal showing in Sample XT when I set the Sampling Input to the Mai Tai Instrument in Sample One XT, and play the note I want to sample on Mai Tai .

Any idea what could be the problem here, i.e. Settings I need to set, or .... ? Maybe I'm missing something ?

Some feedback/help on this topic would be very appreciated.

I also noticed that when I press the 'Record' button in Sample One XT, sometimes nothing happens.

Here is a video tutorial showing how to do this, but I can't get it to sample the virtual Instrument, i.e. Mai Tai.

If you are able to sample a VST Instrument into Sample One XT, please let me know how you are doing this, which tracks you have selected, monitored ,..etc. when you are playing the notes to sample the VI, into Sample One XT.

Thanks,
    Muziksculp

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. shenrei

shenrei Lovin' Maschine MK3!

Nov 16, 2006
    San Jose, California
    Mine is working here with no issues. I have the sample one overlay showing, with the Record tab selected. Just make sure monitoring and record is set to on, on the Mai Tai instrument track.

[​IMG]

muziksculp likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the feedback.

I don't see the image you posted.

It still doesn't work here. I have both Monitor and Record Enabled on Mai Tai. When I press the Record button in Sample One XT, nothing happens. It does not record anything.

I'm not sure what's the issue here.

On the other hand, if I record some notes on the Mai Tai track, then try to record that into Sample One XT , by setting the source to Sample One XT, it does sample the notes into Sample One XT when I hit play in Studio One Transport to play the notes I have in the Mai Tai Track .

So... I can't seem to sample/Record into Sample One XT in real time, but I can if I play the track via the transport.

4. shenrei

Nov 16, 2006
    San Jose, California
    Are you able to get sound out of Mai Tai from playing on your MIDI controller while the Sample One overlay is being shown?

5. OP
    OP
    muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    No, I have no sound from Mai Tai, when I have Sample One XT selected, then Press Record to sample. Although Sample One XT is set to Monitor Mai Tai.

I have Sample One XT both Record and Monitor Enabled. Mai Tai has both Monitor and Record disabled. If I enable Mai Tai's Monitor Button, I can hear it, but it still does not get recorded into Sample One XT in real time.

Thanks.

6. shenrei

Nov 16, 2006
    San Jose, California
  7. OP
    OP
    muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thanks.

Bummer. I can't get it to work.

I followed your exact steps. but when I record and monitor enable Mai Tai, then switch to the Sample One XT GUI, and have it's tracks Monitor or Record Disabled. (As in your video), I hear Mai Tia when I play some notes, there is no Audio Signal showing up in Sample One XT to indicate that the signal is getting to Sample One XT.

8. OP
    OP
    muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Here is a GIF video showing no Mai Tai signal in Impact XT, when I play some Mai Tai Notes.

[​IMG]

9. shenrei

Nov 16, 2006
    San Jose, California
  10. OP
    OP
    muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    shenrei likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hi Shenrei,

I see you love your Maschine MK3 :)

I'm just starting to learn how to use my Maschine MK3. Then I will try to decide how best to utilize/integrate it into my Studio One Pro 4 workflow. Have you found a good way to integrate it in Studio One ?

Thanks,
    Muziksculp

12. shenrei

Nov 16, 2006
    San Jose, California
    Yes, it's a very fun machine. I sometimes just like to solely use it on it's own with the Maschine software running and nothing else, just to generate patterns or drum loops or ideas.

Integration with Studio One is very easy. There is no official Studio One template to load so you will have to make your own which is easy with Studio One's global MIDI learning. I have it set so the jog wheel controls vertical and horizontal zoom, along with changing values. I have all transport controls enabled, and have assigned other buttons for FF, Reward, Click, Loop, etc. The knobs control the faders on the mixing console, and the pads control MIDI note input for C1 - x, C2 - x, C3 - x, so each page of pads is a different octave. With the Maschine VST loaded, you can turn off MIDI control mode so it functions the same way it does when running it standalone with the software. It's seamless to switch back and forth in Studio One when you need to control the VST, or when you need to use it as a transport/controller.

:scout:

muziksculp likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the feedback.

I don't use the MK3 for any transport functions, since that is taken care of by my Faderport 8 Controller.