What's new

Studio One 6 is coming!

not sure what your saying is this a question or a reply to something
Question. Can you load a preset or an Instrument/FX plugin by double clicking in the browser? Because you can not in V5. So i was wondering if it is possible in V6.

ok then the answer nothing has changed in v6 still have to drag them onto a track from the Browser

But you can also in V6 from the main screen left panel right click and select a preset with just a click

Question. Can you load a preset or an Instrument/FX plugin by double clicking in the browser? Because you can not in V5. So i was wondering if it is possible in V6.
For Instrument presets double clicking works if the instrument is already loaded, for instance if you've dragged a Kontakt preset to a track, you can double click to go through your different presets

I keep getting random audio glitches in S1 these days showing as a 100% CPU spike... was it the latest update?

I moved down to 48k and using low latency plugins and also have run latencymon for an hour simultaneously (no issues reported - even when experiencing audio glitches in S1). I removed my 3rd party antivirus software. I've tried troubleshooting to no avail. Nothing on the computer is using all that CPU per various monitoring utilities.

Super annoying.

Last edited:
It's worth running LatencyMon several times. I've been using it a lot lately and quite often it wouldn't find anything, it's quite random whether it finds something or not.

I keep getting random audio glitches in S1 these days showing as a 100% CPU spike... was it the latest update?

I moved down to 48k and using low latency plugins and also have run latencymon for an hour simultaneously (no issues reported - even when experiencing audio glitches in S1). I removed my 3rd party antivirus software. I've tried troubleshooting to no avail. Nothing on the computer is using all that CPU per various monitoring utilities.

Super annoying.
Probably not the issue but I've had a similar problem and it was a single plugin I was using (unify) causing the problems. It's weird because if the plugin window and SO are both open the spikes happen. If the plugin window is closed (but I'm still playing the plugin) they go away. Maybe a similar thing with other plugins?

Super annoying.
Are these plugins that use Open GL? I've had similar types of hiccups on my laptop with those types of plugins when the window is open.

How well versed are you with Cubase now? If fairly well and you’re using a lot of its power, you might find moving back to S1 rather frustrating given the lack of a lot of similar functionality (though you may prefer the things that S1 does better). I, for one, cannot go back to S1 in its current state after using Cubase 12 (and Logic).
What are specifics about Cubase that you are preferring?

Hi guy,

Sorry for asking questions in this thread, but I just bought S1 v.6 and can't find a decent user forum elsewhere (Presonus has one behind a paywall, though). It seems to me that an essential feature is missing: MIDI Velocity Scaling Automation. The function exists for manual mouse-tweaking in the lower left square that keeps parameters for MIDI parts in the arranging area. But adjusting this "percentage of recorded velocity values" doesn't seem to be able to automate(?). At least "velocity" is not among the parameters listed in "Automation - Add / Remove".
Ideas?
-
I actually have a third-party midi scaling plugin but I can't find info in the manual on how to add that to Studio One's "Note FX"

Last edited:
Hi guy,

Sorry for asking questions in this thread, but I just bought S1 v.6 and can't find a decent user forum elsewhere (Presonus has one behind a paywall, though). It seems to me that an essential feature is missing: MIDI Velocity Scaling Automation. The function exists for manual mouse-tweaking in the lower left square that keeps parameters for MIDI parts in the arranging area. But adjusting the percentage of recorded velocity values doesn't seem to be able to automate(?). At least "velocity" is not among the parameters listed in "Automation - Add / Remove".
Ideas?
-
I have a third-party midi scaling plugin but I can't find info in the manual on how to add that to Studio One's "Note FX"
As far as I know, and my knowledge is not exhaustive, and exclusively V5, scaling needs to be done after the fact using the Transform tool. You certainly can't use 3rdP MIDI plugins in V5.

can't find a decent user forum elsewhere (Presonus has one behind a paywall, though).
Paywall? You did pay as you say so you should have access to the official community support forum.

At least "velocity" is not among the parameters listed in "Automation - Add / Remove".
Velocity is a note attribute that can be tweaked on a per-note basis or with the Transform Tool in the editor (Alt+T). You can create ramps, scale the velocity etc. But using a 3rd-party VST plug-in to modify velocity is not possible yet.

I might have seen a Notion video by him years ago, he is surely not active doing scoring/orchestral related YT videos for Presonus. I don't even know if he is still working for them, but whatever it is, they surely need to have another 'active' YT presenter that focuses on the scoring/orchestral side of production using S1Pro.
Chris Swaffer has just come out with a series on the newly introduced Notion Mobile. I just downloaded it last night. Interesting: S1 can now directly open Notion Mobile files. Looks like a cool integration. (If only my Apple Pencil would work!)

Top Bottom