What's new

Studio One 5: insert clips into timeline & keep everything in sync?

Ndee

sound design, non-idiomatic music, winter swimming
Hi it's me with a silly Studio One 5 question again:ninja:

Say I want to add a new clip in the middle of my timeline and make sure everything, including FX channel automations, will move further for the length of that clip and for everything to stay in sync, how do I do this?

I can select everything with Range Tool, yes, but it doesn't select the automation (only those automation tracks that are visible at that moment on FX channels will be selected and thus moved). All the various techniques I've tried and know of (Ripple Edit with Create Ranges, etc) for time manipulation have not worked.
Is there some kind of box I need to tick as in "automation stays in sync"? I've looked all over preferences (all I could find was "automation follows events" which is selected) but to no avail.

With Studio One, I'm still confused about how to easiest move parts around in time in a way that would "ripple" everything, not just clips on the tracks you've selected, forward. I can't seem to find the answer by internet search or from the manual.

feeling so embarrassed to ask tbh, since I'm sure this is once again something extremely simple I've overlooked...

++the way I do this now is I create ranges, then insert time, then delete time, which keeps everything in sync, but was wondering if there's any other (easier, faster) way?

there is a parameter under the wrench icon > top left in the arrange view > automation follows events.
goodl call and yup have it selected, I mentioned it in my initial post.

And yeah, to clarify, talking about automated parameters, e.g. you have a plugin in the FX channel and you've recorded automation to modify its behavior.

goodl call and yup have it selected, I mentioned it in my initial post.

And yeah, to clarify, talking about automated parameters, e.g. you have a plugin in the FX channel and you've recorded automation to modify its behavior.
Then it is definitely automation follows events what needs to be checked = turned on.

Then it is definitely automation follows events what needs to be checked = turned on.
That's not the issue here - I have it turned on as I mentioned.

the issue is that if there's multiple automation parameters being created for an FX channel, at least, they won't all move, only the ones that are visible and thus selected.

Try Edit -> "Insert Silence" or "Insert Silence in Loop" (key command or macro).

Insert Silence works best with a range selection. If you have a range selection on a single track, press Alt/Option+R to "Create Ranges" (on all tracks).

Try Edit -> "Insert Silence" or "Insert Silence in Loop" (key command or macro).

Insert Silence works best with a range selection. If you have a range selection on a single track, press Alt/Option+R to "Create Ranges" (on all tracks).

Hi Lukas, was kind of waiting for you to be honest:emoji_kissing_smiling_eyes: Insert Silence I've dabbled with, but the "in Loop" addition is a really good idea for what I'm doing, makes total sense. Thanks again! I owe you two coffees already!

Top Bottom