What's new

Studio One 5 Cue Mix Question

Synetos

Departed Member
I want to be able to send a audio track to a cue mix, AND also FX/Reverb track to the cue mix.
I get how to activate to see cue mix option with the advanced console setting "cue mix mute follow channel" for the FX/Bus tracka, but when I do this, the Cue Mix disappears for the audio Track.
Why cant I send the record audio track and FX to a cue mix?
Makes no sense to me. What am I missing?

Last edited:
Maybe this only works if you have Presonus preamps? It seems to want to rely on hardware level monitoring from the interface, and then supplement with FX and bus mixes. Seems like a weakness if that is true. Frustrating! Every DAW has some kind of gotcha. Oh well, creative work arounds it is then.

So...I figured out what is going on. It seems if the Track is routing to any bus other than the Main Master Stereo Output, it will not be available for Cue Mix. This sorta sucks, because I do not route tracks directly to the Master output, ever. I like to route everything a Master Stereo Mix Bus, then route that alone to the Master Stereo Output.

I do not see any logic to this, other than the assumption that I have Presonus preamps that allow dir direct monitoring. Well, I dont. I see it as an idiot proof kind of protection, I guess. It shouldnt matter if I want to route to a cue mix from 10 duplicate sources.

Secondly, you cant have a track that isnt routed to an output or bus. How stupid.

My affair with Studio One may be short lived after all. :(

So...I figured out what is going on. It seems if the Track is routing to any bus other than the Main Master Stereo Output, it will not be available for Cue Mix. This sorta sucks, because I do not route tracks directly to the Master output, ever. I like to route everything a Master Stereo Mix Bus, then route that alone to the Master Stereo Output.

I do not see any logic to this, other than the assumption that I have Presonus preamps that allow dir direct monitoring. Well, I dont. I see it as an idiot proof kind of protection, I guess. It shouldnt matter if I want to route to a cue mix from 10 duplicate sources.

Secondly, you cant have a track that isnt routed to an output or bus. How stupid.

My affair with Studio One may be short lived after all. :(
Just open the Song settings and under the output tab you can create as many sub-outs as you prefer. There you can also tick the cue mix box and create “no output” sub-outs!!!

Just open the Song settings and under the output tab you can create as many sub-outs as you prefer. There you can also tick the cue mix box and create “no output” sub-outs!!!
Thanks. Yes, I can create an output that has no actual output, but it still doesnt solve the CueMix option not being available for a track if it is assigned to anything other than the Master.

I can just create Sends as the work around, and then using BUS channels instead of FX channels for any effects I want to be able to send to a cue mix. Basically, the CueMix option isnt needed. It just was an easy way for artists to use the remote app to dial in their own mix.

The CueMix implementation in S1 just seems odd, and geared toward users of Presonus interfaces. It is about the only thing that I dislike about Studio One, so far.

Since I run Waves LV1 in my studio, it's not a huge deal. I simply keep doing all the monitoring direct from LV1 and add some verb or whatever to the artists ears through LV1. I then just send a few mix buses out to LV1 as daw cues, click, etc. It's the way i work with Cubase, since it is limited to 4 cues mixes. Sometimes I record more than four musicians at a time, and I like a consistent method.

Top Bottom