Studio One 5.1 - features for large orchestral templates

DS_Joost

One day I'll fly away!
Anyone ever tried going above a 1000 tracks with Studio One with one of the latest versions? I like to make a hybrid template with MusicLoops for some instruments, track + fx presets for others and have instruments disabled inside the template, but because I am mostly a track per articulation person I would love to know whether that works now, particularly with the save plug-in cache option?

If nobody tried it I guess I'll have to try it myself.
 

Fenicks

Member
Back again with another question...

Since setting up instrument presets I've noticed that for some reason, when I select and drag Kontakt instruments saved as Studio One presets into the main frame, they present a 'instrument not initialized' error (Spitfire libraries) or the instrument will refuse to sound (Afflatus). The error only occurs when dragging and dropping the preset to create a new track and channel in the mixer. If I drag it onto a track that already exists, then the instrument will load. My previous method of dragging Kontakt to create a new track and then selecting samples from the Libraries view still works, too.

Kind of defeats the point of setting up all those presets for easy creation of new tracks when I have to revert back to my previous method to avoid this error. :sad:

This is only a problem for libraries using Kontakt. Dragging Engine 2 instruments into the main frame loads them correctly.

Is this an issue with Studio One or Kontakt? I don't see how I can use Studio One instrument presets while this error continues. A real bummer.
 

chocobitz825

Senior Member
Back again with another question...

Since setting up instrument presets I've noticed that for some reason, when I select and drag Kontakt instruments saved as Studio One presets into the main frame, they present a 'instrument not initialized' error (Spitfire libraries) or the instrument will refuse to sound (Afflatus). The error only occurs when dragging and dropping the preset to create a new track and channel in the mixer. If I drag it onto a track that already exists, then the instrument will load. My previous method of dragging Kontakt to create a new track and then selecting samples from the Libraries view still works, too.

Kind of defeats the point of setting up all those presets for easy creation of new tracks when I have to revert back to my previous method to avoid this error. :sad:

This is only a problem for libraries using Kontakt. Dragging Engine 2 instruments into the main frame loads them correctly.

Is this an issue with Studio One or Kontakt? I don't see how I can use Studio One instrument presets while this error continues. A real bummer.
Have you tried recreating them? Maybe something went corrupt...
 
OP
Lukas

Lukas

Keyboardist / composer
Indeed this sounds VERY weird. I've never had or seen this. But did you try the usual things... restarting Studio One (maybe even the computer)?

Can you post a screenshot of this error message? I assume the message is shown by Kontakt and not Studio One?
 

Fenicks

Member
So far, restarting my computer hasn't helped and the problem is present across all projects.

The error message showed up specifically in my Spitfire libraries. Afflatus didn't have an error message but it refused to sound. I went to take a screenshot of the message just now in Chrysalis but it's not showing up even though the instrument still refuses to sound. The GUI displays correctly but it doesn't respond to any midi or onscreen keyboard input.

After fiddling around a bit more I discovered that some presets ARE working and some are not. Afflatus no; Tundra yes; Chrysalis no. That's promising.

I searched the internet and found that other people have also encountered this kind of error, but there doesn't seem to be consensus on exactly what causes or fixes it.

I don't know why using Studio One presets in particular triggers it. As previously mentioned, loading Kontakt on its own and then selecting instruments from the Libraries view works fine.

I think I'll just remake the presets for the affected libraries. Maybe something got broken when I was creating them.