What's new

Studio one 4.6

I'm fairly new to S1 and still looking for some low end efficiencies; true stereo panning, flexibility with the console and some options to turn off a few features that don't work well with the magic mouse 2, though I'm looking for a replacement.

Stability with Komplete Kontrol, Superior Drummer 3 and drag & drop from VIs to tracks would also be nice.

And please, update the intrusive auto save!

My only real new feature request is Logic style Folder Stacks. Neat with a fader for the folder acting very similar to a VCA track.

Anything else they provide is gravy. I discovered quite a few things I didn't know I wanted/needed.

Last edited:
I'm fairly new to S1 and still looking for some low end efficiencies; true stereo panning, flexibility with the console and some options to turn off a few features that don't work well with the magic mouse 2, though I'm looking for a replacement.

Stability with Komplete Kontrol, Superior Drummer 3 and drag & drop from VIs to tracks would also be nice.

And please, update the intrusive auto save!

My only real new feature request is Logic style Folder Stacks. Neat with a fader for the folder acting very similar to a VCA track.

Anything else they provide is gravy. I discovered quite a few things I didn't know I wanted/needed.

You can already turn any folder track to a bus track just like in logic. Actually better. You can turn them back to a regular folder track anytime.

When you create a folder track there is options on the track header to make it a bus.

You can already turn any folder track to a bus track just like in logic. Actually better. You can turn them back to a regular folder track anytime.

When you create a folder track there is options on the track header to make it a bus.
I didn't know that. Thanks!

But I'd still prefer VCA behavior to bus behavior. And I want to pack channels into folders, including buses. I think I saw a vid to get channels in folders, but still different than Logic's version, which is one of the few things I prefer. It's a tidy version of how I like to set up a mix.

This is the type of flexibility I'd like to see in the console. I'd want this unlinked, showing all tracks in the arranger, with folders in the console that can be opened & closed to show & hide channels.

Very interested to see what they release. Been keeping an eye on S1 a while, always loved how well they integrate features. Always well thought out and exicuted.

probably somthing up later
not expecting much on as regard expression maps ...think that could be version 5. but still fun to watch...studio one suits me well

I honestly don’t think Presonus will add articulation management until 5.0 at the earliest. They are pretty focused on “beat makers” with their pattern stuff. Even for Pro Tool users, they’ve somewhat stopped catering to them in their updates. And don’t mention the (still) horrid UI colors they offer for clips - unclear if that will ever get fixed.

articulation management has been an open request on their forum user-voting system for years already. Its not a priority and it will probably be years, if ever.

Most people seem to work around it by using PC messages to drive something else. You could use PC messages to drive a scripture like LuaProtoPlug or BlueCatAudio's scripter. That is what I would do right now if I were using S1 for orch work.

I get round Studio Ones lack of articulation management by using Cubase. But us orchestral sample jockeys are a rare breed I suppose...

Presonus' core customer is not orchestral composers. It makes sense they're not focusing on that side of quality of life.

I'm sure it'll come eventually, but there's a whole burgeoning podcast, Youtube cast, and obviously the pop music, electronic, etc. segment that is likely buying it in droves. Their pricing reflects that.

I'm ok with that. I love using it. Sometimes. I use a little bit of everything.

I get round Studio Ones lack of articulation management by using Cubase. But us orchestral sample jockeys are a rare breed I suppose...

I had to abandon Cubase when they insisted that I had to use the "Aero Theme" in Windows to use the software.

Top Bottom