What's new

Stuck on splash screen!

Virtual Virgin

I'm stuck on the splash screen for Gigabyte.
I'm running Windows 10 on a GA-X79-UP4 (LGA2011) i7-4390k and it's not getting to the boot stage.

I have unplugged all connections and removed all cards (except the graphics for my screen).

The BIOS recognizes all of my RAM and drives. Processor temps are fine.
I removed the C: drive and checked it on another device and it is fine.

I have tried boot override with no results.

I have also reset the BIOS by removing and reinstalling the CMOS battery.

Still stuck on the Gigabyte splash screen.

Any suggestions?

Damarus

Anything change prior to this? Any hardware removed, added or computer moved? Re-seat RAM? There are no external or USB drives plugged in correct? Quick search shows you might have to try re-flashing the BIOS as an option.

OP
Virtual Virgin

Virtual Virgin

Anything change prior to this? Any hardware removed, added or computer moved? Re-seat RAM? There are no external or USB drives plugged in correct? Quick search shows you might have to try re-flashing the BIOS as an option.
I tried installing a TI firewire card that says it is Windows 10 compatible (for my converter of course, no Thunderbolt on the LGA 2011 socket). At this stage it wouldn't boot so I removed it.

After that I've unplugged any external connections (besides the monitor).
I've checked all the ram and SATA connections internally as well as in the BIOS.

I can get a Windows 10 installer to run from a USB flash drive, but I
don't want to reinstall given all of the configuration I just did for my workstation.

Damarus

I tried installing a TI firewire card that says it is Windows 10 compatible (for my converter of course, no Thunderbolt on the LGA 2011 socket). At this stage it wouldn't boot so I removed it.

After that I've unplugged any external connections (besides the monitor).
I've checked all the ram and SATA connections internally as well as in the BIOS.

I can get a Windows 10 installer to run from a USB flash drive, but I
don't want to reinstall given all of the configuration I just did for my workstation.
Very odd. Try to re-seat the RAM for good measure. Maybe try to re-flash the Bios. Do you have another drive you can try to install an OS on to test?

OP
Virtual Virgin

Virtual Virgin

It seems to be a problem on the Windows drive itself.

I was able to boot from another drive with Widows 8.

I tried to boot another PC setup using the Widows 10 drive in question and it didn’t go.

Looking on the drive itself I don’t see any issues, but I don’t know how to go about making it bootable again.

Damarus

It seems to be a problem on the Windows drive itself.

I was able to boot from another drive with Widows 8.

I tried to boot another PC setup using the Widows 10 drive in question and it didn’t go.

Looking on the drive itself I don’t see any issues, but I don’t know how to go about making it bootable again.
Interesting. Didn't you say you tried the drive in another system? Maybe you could try to boot it there and try to roll back the system to a previous date? Check event logs to see if there are any signs.

YaniDee

If you can get into the Bios, you can probably disable the splash screen. At least then you should be able to see any error messages.

OP
Virtual Virgin

Virtual Virgin

I got it back :) I narrowed it down to the Windows drive as the culprit so after loading it as an external drive to another pc I tried trashing the most recent firewire drivers I installed.

After that, Windows booted. Windows was not a big help though. I had to get permissions for my permissions to “own” and delete those 4 files. That process is completely *&$%*. I felt like I was in Groundhog Day.

Top Bottom