What's new

Strings Arrangement for Flamenco artist

Garlu

Hi there,

Now you can listen on all platforms an arrangement I did for, flamenco artist: Maria Toledo.
She has just released "Ranchera flamenca" which is popular mexican tunes re-arranged in flamenco style, so, it was quite a challenge. :)

She is a great artist and they (producer and herself) gave me freedom to experiment with different sonorities and ways of accompany the full "sonic package". What a great experience this was!

We did record the string quartet at the studio, with amazing friends/collaborators, with some help of some great libraries too. Here you'll find the result:

Hope you like it!

Vanessa G.
"Garlu"

jben

A very interesting approach to "ranchera" with flamenco style and string arrangements. In addition, the strings have their own personality (which can be risky), but at the same time combine perfectly with the voice and the guitar.

I will listen to the whole album to enjoy the fusion between the styles.

Saxer

Beautifully deep integrated string section! Did you get the finished recording (minus strings) and wrote the arrangement "on top"?

OP
Garlu

Garlu

A very interesting approach to "ranchera" with flamenco style and string arrangements. In addition, the strings have their own personality (which can be risky), but at the same time combine perfectly with the voice and the guitar.

I will listen to the whole album to enjoy the fusion between the styles.
It was a great challenge!! Specially because they are really well known Mexican tunes and we tried to stay away from “the conventional”.

OP
Garlu

Garlu

Beautifully deep integrated string section! Did you get the finished recording (minus strings) and wrote the arrangement "on top"?
Thank you, @Saxer !

yes, I got the rhythm section: guitars, scratch voice and Perc , and then I programmed the strings, we recorded the quartet and they recorded the final version of the voice right after it. So, pretty quick turn around!

Top Bottom