1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

String THeories - The Eridanus Transmissions

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Waywyn, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

In the year 2018 we discovered a gateway, enabling us to travel to all kinds of places within the observable universe!

However, we never knew where we would end up traveling to, because it was not possible to set specific destinations ... and from all the recorded data being collected on these breathtaking and mysterious locations, it was only possible to successfully keep and bring the audible signals back to earth!

The organization "String THeories" was founded to travel the universe to recover, preserve and distribute this knowledge for future generations!

The first mission warped them deep into the constellation of Eridanus to collect and bring back some valuable audio signals from outer space!

"The Eridanus Transmissions"

[​IMG]

check out some demos:

... or click this link to learn more/visit the store:

https://sellfy.com/p/Vuzs/

The Eridanus Transmissions is a NI Kontakt driven library and consists of:

- Low Frequency Data - 25x Low Drones
    - High Frequency Data - 25x High Drones
    - Beta Eridani Voice Signals - 10x Voice/Choir-like Drones
    - Exoplanet Archives - 25x processed Drones
    - Magnetar Radio Emissions - 5x super-crazy processed Drones
    - Supernova Remnants - 10x sort of crazy processed Drones
    - Extracted Low Frequency Data - 25x Low Pulses
    - Extracted High Frequency Data - 25x High Pulses
    - Harmonic Photons - 4x designed multisample instruments
    - Harmonic Neutrons - 2x designed multisample instruments
    - Harmonic Bosons - 2x designed multisample instruments
    - Harmonic Gravitons - 2x designed multisample instruments
    - Supervoid Echoes - several designed soft and distant hits

all samples are recorded in 24bit, 44.1 KHz
    library size: 2,2 GB

manual:
    The Big Knob to the right is controlling the cutoff filter and connected to CC01 (Modwheel), the Small Knob to the upper left of the Big Knob is controlling the attack curve and the Knob below is controlling the release curve! That's it, enjoy! :)

IMPORTANT:
    you need the full version of Kontakt (at least 5.80 R36)
    !!! NO Kontakt player included !!!
    However, all .wav files are accessible!

ToxicRecordings, desert, Jaap and 5 others like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

added a new demo "Cantus Lugubris" by Ingo Wegener!

3. CGR

CGR Pianist/Composer/Arranger

Jan 14, 2016
    Australia
    Really like what I'm hearing with these demos. The movement and development in the textures is great. Nice work!

Waywyn likes this.
  4. Silence-is-Golden

Silence-is-Golden ^^

Jun 8, 2015
    For a moment I thought this would be a new kind string library :D

Waywyn likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

Thank you! I put lots of effort into the sounds to make them as inspiring and evolving as possible (of course within the range of the key).Lots of them truly make an entire intro of their own ... I am aware that we all want to be as creative and possible, but we all know the situations: "Hey man, we need that track in 15 mins ... but can you add an intro?" ... or ... "Hm, still some additional juice is missing!" :)

CGR likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

Hahah! ... Actually the company's name is a combination of me being a guitar player (and actually many parts of the drones from "The Eridanus Missions" are played with an ebow on 6 and 8 string guitars) and my passion for space and the universe! So guitar strings + stringtheory, space, universe etc. = stringtheories :)

Hence the company logo being part of a spaceship/futuristic design and guitar strings/hole

Wally Garten likes this.
  7. blougui

blougui Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    More than anything else, I'm glad to see you back on (the) board, Alex :)
    I'm a nobody but have always appreciated your inputs, honnesty - as in "good faith" - an skills.
    Wish you luck and the best with these new (?)endeavours !
    Erik

desert, Waywyn and Jaap like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

Thanks a lot Erik! I really appreciate! To be honest, I was actually never gone and was reading more than just contributing to the forum! Especially when so many discussions and topics turn into heated debates (which at the end of the day, if you really think about, are basically senseless). I prefered to use my energy to work, relax and gather concepts which turned out what you can see in this post! :D

jneebz and Jaap like this.
  9. Jaap

Jaap Best audience ever...booh!

Agree, good to see you active again Alex, learned so many things from you when I just joined this board! I think one of my first non-orchestral purchases was a small guitar library of yours with some really neat powerchords!
    This sounds lovely man and good luck with it!

Waywyn likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

By the way ... here is a little video of how I created some of the drone layers:

lucky909091, Jaap and CGR like this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

Thanks so much! Haha, yes that was actually some 12 years ago or so! :D

Jaap likes this.
  12. Fry777

Fry777 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Hey Alex, would you plan on making a walkthrough videos to showcase the different patches (or at least, some of them) played naked from Kontakt ?

Waywyn likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

Thanks! Absolutely! Just didn't find the time yet :)

Fry777 likes this.
  14. Fry777

Fry777 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2017
    I think showing at least some of the patches of each categories (low drones, high drones, low pulses etc) would give us a better idea about the strenghts of your lib :thumbsup:

15. OP
    OP
    Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

Yes totally!
    However, in the meantime, enjoy some Patch of the Day videos!
    By the way: each sound you hear is just one patch playing!

16. Fry777

Fry777 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Great sounds ! There's a lot of evolutions and movements in those patches, can you control them with the modwheel or a CC ? or are they baked-in and appear systematically after a set amount of time ? or are they non-controllable directly but randomized ?

Waywyn likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

Thank you!
    I actually thought a lot on how to do this, but I got stuck and wanted to see how it feels to control the library with the easiest settings you can have - just one big knob (yes, the green big thing in the middle is a knob) for cutoff and two smaller ones (left of the big knob) control attack and release!

Why did I bake them in:
    Yes, you would have a lot more control of this lib when parts would be separated but that would also mean that I would 1. have to use the internal Kontakt reverb (which I don't like that much) or 2. I would have to bake in the fantastic BigSky reverb pedal on each of the patches - which again would mean it doubles up (on the e.g. low drones and the higher melodic/creppy/mysterious elements).

This would be just a minor problem, but giving the fact that I also manually controlled the synths, slightly moved the ebow on the guitar strings when recording or even manually controlling the knobs of the BigSky WHILE recording the phrases changes and affects everything!

However, if you really want to get control of the drones, you can still open the little wrench on the top left of the Kontakt patch and move the loop points in the wav editor. Every drone is almost 1 minute long, so it is easy to just set the points to where you just have e.g. the low frequency sounds only! Hope this helps! :)

Wally Garten and Fry777 like this.
  18. dgburns

dgburns it was done an hour ago, but I can't help myself

Nov 4, 2012
    Great stuff Alex! beautiful!

Waywyn likes this.
  19. OP
    OP
    Waywyn

Waywyn Senior Member

Thank you David!

Theodor Andrews likes this.