What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

However, your comments about undervaluing the industry are unfair to a whole bunch of developers who offer great libraries at affordable prices, without cutting any corners. It's one of the reasons why CSS has become pretty much the standard, ubiquitous recommendation and daily driver for many people looking for a string library.

Hmm, I use CSS and CS2 every day at work and I'm adding Afflatus to that template.

Actually the only libraries I'm using beyond CS2/CSS are Afflatus, Adventure Strings and Iceni. All three for the same reason. I bought a lot of stuff over the years but once I settled on CSS/CS2 as my main sound, what I need beyond that is not a "backup" workhorse strings library, it's a library or combination of libraries that does everything the workhorse DOESN'T do.

This is where Afflatus really shines. The psychatto shorts are more aggressive than spiccatos I've heard in any other library because they are recorded as a standalone articulation, not just the top fortissimo layer that has to realistically match other dynamic layers in a multi-dynamic-crossfading articulation. The minimalist legato is beautifully neutral because it isn't merely the mezzo-piano layer of a multi-dynamic-crossfading sustains patch. :) just my 2cents... haven't even fully explored some of the other articulations yet!

Of course there is nothing wrong with seeing Afflatus as your workhorse strings either. The "lush" articulation is effectively the main legato patch and it has a lot of advantages like true divisi and very, very playable polyphonic legato which feels like MAGIC compared to other libraries (I'm still sticking with CSS/CS2 because it's become the trademark sound of the project I'm currently employed on). I'm just saying that I find good value in the library just from all the "extra bells & whistles" articulations.

I, for one, love the Arrival patch in Afflatus and would buy the library for that feature alone if I could. Some developers work hard to make quality content and tools for us, and if the quality is there then it shouldn't be undervalued. And it also makes sales at certain times of the year that much sweeter.

question about the regular spiccatos: how many dynamic layers and round robins?

i think afflatus sounds remarkable, and would pair well with BBCSO

Found this mockup of Alan Silvestri's Contact. It is using Afflatus (and Infinite Series, though the woodwinds are the older Infinite). Such a nice mockup. I hadn't paid attention to Afflatus before this, but now I'm getting the itch ...

Well done to the mockup artist here. Such nice work.

Hi @Strezov

Afflatus is an amazing Strings library. Now at version 1.3 it offers a fantastic selection of string flavors. Loving it.

So... Can we expect another update soon ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Hi @Strezov

Afflatus is an amazing Strings library. Now at version 1.3 it offers a fantastic selection of string flavors. Loving it.

So... Can we expect another update soon ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
What are you expecting?

My impression from a recent-ish livestream (maybe one of Dirk's?), is that there are at least a couple of non-Afflatus projects or updates in the works first.

What are you expecting?

My impression from a recent-ish livestream (maybe one of Dirk's?), is that there are at least a couple of non-Afflatus projects or updates in the works first.
I don't have any specific expectations, but I'm sure whatever they add will be fantastic, and very useful, adding even more value to this wonderful strings library.

I'm also looking forward to their JADE update. Which is badly needed, and I have been patiently waiting for it. I'm guessing it will be out during March, or April.

I should have gotten it at their 50% sale. I didn't realize they had such a thing in December! I know I was critical of it at the initial release, but I really think by now it is a superb addition to your string arsenal. Oh well, will wait until the next sale then :)

Top Bottom