What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

Having a similar problem to some - after downloading via Safari on MacOS 10.10.5 Yosemite and attempting to expand with UnRarX, I get the error message "No files to extract".

So I used the Strezov Downloader app to re-download the entire product, and the app only expands the Instruments folder, which is a .zip archive and not a RAR. The app says "Expanding Product" in the info bar, but no disc activity is happening. When I try to manually expand the RAR files I get the same error message in UnRarX - "No files to extract."

Any ideas @Strezov ?
I downloaded the files separately and used Keka, for both .zip and .rar files - Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan. Not sure of Keka specs for Yosemite, but it has worked great for me since UnRarX has stopped working.

Got everything extracted just fine with TheUnarchiver. I forgot that I had installed it and not deleted UnRarX, so every time I double-clicked a RAR it was opening UnRarX.

Fixed. Thanks guys!

For those that have Afflatus as well as say CSS, Berlin Strings and SF Libraries..would you say that Afflatus is a step above, or just different?

For me it is two steps above. It is all personal. I still use plenty of other string libraries, but I almost always start with Afflatus. The sound of Afflatus is the warmest and most glue like. The Legatos are, for my personal taste, the most realistic and musical. When moving from one chord to another it really does sound connected, glued. The sound of the legato transition sounds beautiful. The Polyphonic legato is revolutionary and works seamlessly, and for me it has been conducive to better and more cohesive chordal writing. There are many great string sample libraries out there, and I have a good chunk of them, but this one just happens to be my favorite of all of them. But like @Craig Sharmat said, if you are writing an action cue you may start somewhere else - having said that, the psychato shorts are amazing for action. And really capture an energy of playing that I did not find in other libraries for this type of intense short.

Last edited:
For me it is two steps above. It is all personal. I still use plenty of other string libraries, but I almost always start with Afflatus. The sound of Afflatus is the warmest and most glue like. The Legatos are, for my personal taste, the most realistic and musical. When moving from one chord to another it really does sound connected, glued. The sound of the legato transition sounds beautiful. The Polyphonic legato is revolutionary and works seamlessly, and is for me it has been conducive to better and more cohesive chordal writing. There are many great string sample libraries out there, and I have a good chunk of them, but this one just happens to be my favorite of all of them. But like @Craig Sharmat said, if you are writing an action cue you may start somewhere else - having said that, the psychato shorts are amazing for action. And really capture an energy of playing that I did not find in other libraries for this type of intense short.
I have to agree. I'm not sure how the CSS set is, but I absolutely regret my purchase of CSSS. I just don't like the sound. Something about it is off and I can never get it to work in a mix with other libraries. The sound of the strings are so different that it never seems to work quite right (at least for my tastes). So I really can only stand using it by itself, so only quartet work and general string music.
On the other hand, Afflatus has been a revelation to me since its release. There is so much content, especially after this update. The first chairs are brilliant in my opinion. So much of it is. The only ones I really won't get much use out of are the "shark strings" and "undercover strings shorts" Just seem a little hokey. But who knows, there may be a good circumstance for them :)
It seems to sit well with other sample libraries as well.

Hi,
Can the Velocity Dynamic Influencer be used live? I don't understand ...
Or you must record and then edit velocities???
The idea is fantastic....
Thanks.

The sound of this library is truly unique.
I am playing around with the update and I am really enjoying it!
The playability and the dynamics in my opinion are astonishing, for legato I use a breathcontroller with al niente.
This is a short example using only Scene d'Amour legato patches, I simply played one line after the other with almost no tweak, no eq and with a very little reverb.
Really hoping to do justice to this wonderful library :)

EDIT: I uploaded again the audio file because the volume was way too low.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/afflatus-scene-amour-quartet-mp3.20418/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• Afflatus Scene Amour Quartet.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hearing nothing but good about this library. Didn't manage to get through all the pages on this thread, but the sample I read seemed impressed. For the people who got this, are these your "main" strings?

Hearing nothing but good about this library. Didn't manage to get through all the pages on this thread, but the sample I read seemed impressed. For the people who got this, are these your "main" strings?
Personally I don't have a main library, it all depends what I want/need to do. I find Afflatus to be a very particular library and I am discovering it day after day.
Not very useful as answer, I know ;)

Personally I don't have a main library, it all depends what I want/need to do. I find Afflatus to be a very particular library and I am discovering it day after day.
Not very useful as answer, I know ;)

Hah, I knew what I was opening myself up for when I asked such a question, but it is helpful to hear positive things from you about this, anyways.

Hah, I knew what I was opening myself up for when I asked such a question, but it is helpful to hear positive things from you about this, anyways.
Until now only positive things :)
I use principally individual sections and some ensemble patches are very interesting.
I don't find very useful some ensemble patches, but I am sure that someone else will love these...
For sure Afflatus is and will be in my template for a very long time...

Until now only positive things :)
I use principally individual sections and some ensemble patches are very interesting.
I don't find very useful some ensemble patches, but I am sure that someone else will love these...
For sure Afflatus is and will be in my template for a very long time...
Fantastic string library.
Fantastic..... that's all !!!

I am quite comfortable saying that Afflatus has become my main string library - by that, I mean the string library I use the most, not exclusively. I still reach for plenty of other string libraries for specific things that other libraries are specialized and accomplish well (won't name them here as this is an Afflatus thread). But it just so happens that Afflatus does a lot of things better than other libraries, and the workflow is just stellar. I can get things done faster and sounding better in most cases. Although some may think that because this is a boutique library it is only able to do certain things, I really do not see it like that, because I have difficulty trying to think of a musical genre where this library would not work well. Afflatus covers A LOT of ground, and it does it pretty darn well. And it is inspiring to work with. Oh, and it has amazing unparalleled Polyphonic legato even on full patches. That feature is just so incredibly useful, and it really radically changed my workflow, not just speed wise, but inspiration-wise and writing-wise. When you have a feature like this it leads to better and more intuitive writing, for me at least.

I am quite comfortable saying that Afflatus has become my main string library - by that, I mean the string library I use the most, not exclusively. I still reach for plenty of other string libraries for specific things that other libraries are specialized and accomplish well (won't name them here as this is an Afflatus thread). But it just so happens that Afflatus does a lot of things better than other libraries, and the workflow is just stellar. I can get things done faster and sounding better in most cases. Although some may think that because this is a boutique library it is only able to do certain things, I really do not see it like that, because I have difficulty trying to think of a musical genre where this library would not work well. Afflatus covers A LOT of ground, and it does it pretty darn well. And it is inspiring to work with. Oh, and it has amazing unparalleled Polyphonic legato even on full patches. That feature is just so incredibly useful, and it really radically changed my workflow, not just speed wise, but inspiration-wise and writing-wise. When you have a feature like this it leads to better and more intuitive writing, for me at least.

Amazing to hear, and thanks for the feedback. Now I just have to start thinking about how I'd afford this :D

Top Bottom