What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

For those that have Afflatus as well as say CSS, Berlin Strings and SF Libraries..would you say that Afflatus is a step above, or just different?

It is a step above in what it does, poly legato and a bunch of other things and a step below in other areas, Berlin, SF has way more articulations and CSS has an ease of use to it also. They are just different but the execution and vision of Afflatus IMO was achieved. All libraries are recorded well and all have a different sound. I find Afflatus the warmest of the bunch but that does not mean better for everything. It also does not mean you can't warm up the other libraries but if I want that, Afflatus is the first place I look. If I am doing an action scene I might look elsewhere first but I'm sure Afflatus can cover that too if need be abet with a few less articulations.

Extracting now.

2918316.gif

George - lovely update. I noticed that on the minimalist patches - the ENSEMBLE and the BASSES have the option for 'Niente' but none of the other groups? Is that right? Be nice - especially for this 'minimalist' set.
Hey Rob, sorry - not sure I understand. All the legato patches should have the Niente working - so I'm suspecting that you're using v1.0 patches for the minimalists maybe. Can you send a screenshot or contact support directly?

these first chairs are insane! great job! im not used to having the portamento controlled by higher velocity, but nonetheless, great sound!

these first chairs are insane! great job! im not used to having the portamento controlled by higher velocity, but nonetheless, great sound!
Thanks - you can adjust the velocity in the settings. However if you want to have a inverted velocity (low) to be used for the control then it's not possible at the moment.

Thanks - you can adjust the velocity in the settings. However if you want to have a inverted velocity (low) to be used for the control then it's not possible at the moment.
I had the exact same reaction to those patches.
Was looking if there was a way to remedy.
I find having the Portamento articulations, on the lower velocity seems much more intuitive.

Can someone confirm officially that using the downloader to download the update works? I avoided the downloader because it seemed to say it would download and install the whole library again.

However, downloading the rars doesn’t work for me either as they keep on failing on download for some reason

Can someone confirm officially that using the downloader to download the update works? I avoided the downloader because it seemed to say it would download and install the whole library again.

However, downloading the rars doesn’t work for me either as they keep on failing on download for some reason

The Downloader is downloading the 1.2. But at the end, it says "completed" on all but it stops short of expanding and installing them. Yesterday I tried downloading the rars as well but they don't expand like the original, 1st version.
Anyone on a Mac (Mojave) know how to make this work. What rar expander should I use since the UnRarX app no longer works?

Having a similar problem to some - after downloading via Safari on MacOS 10.10.5 Yosemite and attempting to expand with UnRarX, I get the error message "No files to extract".

So I used the Strezov Downloader app to re-download the entire product, and the app only expands the Instruments folder, which is a .zip archive and not a RAR. The app says "Expanding Product" in the info bar, but no disc activity is happening. When I try to manually expand the RAR files I get the same error message in UnRarX - "No files to extract."

Any ideas @Strezov ?

Having a similar problem to some - after downloading via Safari on MacOS 10.10.5 Yosemite and attempting to expand with UnRarX, I get the error message "No files to extract".

So I used the Strezov Downloader app to re-download the entire product, and the app only expands the Instruments folder, which is a .zip archive and not a RAR. The app says "Expanding Product" in the info bar, but no disc activity is happening. When I try to manually expand the RAR files I get the same error message in UnRarX - "No files to extract."

Any ideas @Strezov ?

i can't even remember how i eventually extracted this...either it was winzip or the unarchiver

Any ideas @Strezov ?

I used the Unarchiver instead of UnrarX and it seemed to work

Well I was wrong, the downloader actually downloaded the whole damn thing -- 81GB of content, not just the 18GB it was supposed to. Oh well, thankfully it all downloaded over night so I wasn't waiting around for it.

Clearly the downloader is for new users and not suited for the update. When it was all said and done, I had to manually install everything anyway.

Downloading the .zip file seems to be the best way to go.

Top Bottom