What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

Orthodox Easter, ouch. You have really long holidays on Balkan :sleep:.
I'm dying of curiosity, to play with new (hope) lovely solos!

This library is just amazing. At first I was working more with the Scene D'amour patches, the Vintage Patches, and the Minimalist patches, among others. They're all pretty amazing. Ground breaking in many ways.
But for some reason the first time I used the Lush patches I did not love them as much as the others, I think because they sounded too loud and bright at first, as they have a very wide dynamic range. But yesterday I did a cue with them. I put the sordino setting, and used low dynamics - Expression set to minimum, and using Modulation to control the volume but keeping it in the PP Layer. They sound just BEAUTIFUL. Very agile and fast legato, but very smooth and beautiful. So take note - the Lush strings patch works very well on PP material with smooth transitions, and it still speaks pretty fast in terms of the legato speed. The Minimalist patches are still probably my favorite as they have a string sonority that I had never experienced before or heard before on a sample library. But they are a little slower to respond, so when you need that Minimalist sound but need a patch that "speaks faster" use the Lush strings in PP using only the Modulation for dynamics, so it does not change to the MP and F layers. Great results here.
Afflatus is still my favorite string library ever sampled and it looks as though it will hold that spot for a long time.
Look forward to trying the new sounds when the update comes out!! Afflatus is the gift that keeps on giving.
Bravo again @StrezovSampling

Last edited:
Sorry about the radio silence... we're doing the NKS implementation now and are ALMOST ready. Then we need to get through NI's QA and we're set.

I'll be doing a walkthrough video of everything in the new content soon.
What is NI's QA....all those steps seem complicated.......???

@Strezov I am wondering if the new version will feature a Sordino button for the Minimalist Patches. I personally would love that! That is my favorite patch and having the sordino option like the Lush Strings have, would further give more sound shaping possibilities to tame it a bit when using it under dialogue for instance.

@Strezov I am wondering if the new version will feature a Sordino button for the Minimalist Patches. I personally would love that! That is my favorite patch and having the sordino option like the Lush Strings have, would further give more sound shaping possibilities to tame it a bit when using it under dialogue for instance.
That would be super useful!

We are happy to present you the walkthrough video for the new sample content of the free 1.2 Update. It contains many of your requested articulations/bowings.

Some highlights:

-First Chairs (including Double Bass) with Portamento (No portamento for solo bass!)
-Minimalist Basses
-Scene D'Amour Celli
-Arrival Strings
-Spider Strings and many more....

In total 18 GB of new sample content.

Stay tuned for more information!

Last edited:
Thanks much for the walk through. I am impressed that you were able to keep the beautiful warm tone that is on the first version into this update. To me that is by far the most important thing and what makes this library so special. There are a few places in the demo for the solo vi's where things do not sound perfect (a bit synthy for lack of a better word) but most solo string libraries suffer from this, but as an addition as a first chair I presume it will be very useful.

Very very ....Very good.
Free solo library update. Man, this is too much !!!
Polyphonic first chairs: sounds wonderful. And welcome to Portamentos !!!
Cello d' amour: Waouh !!!
And the effects, spics, pizz, sul ponts.... Really good.
Thanks a lot. Afflatus rules!
Congratulations to Strezov team !!!

Beautiful work!
Love the shorts, Scene D'Amour Celli (very romantic) and sul ponticello.
Afflatus is my best purchase in years, thanks.

Top Bottom