What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

I too can very much appreciate George's response to the critique Piet offered and I strongly hope this open-minded and polite attitude will continue into the future. It shows great character to respond in this way!

Afflatus is not for me for some of the reasons Piet mentioned, most notably that the sound isn't for me, but I must say that Strezov has certainly gained a lot of goodwill from me over their past few releases and I sincerely hope the company will continue to do well in the future. I want to emphasize that I don't think the sound is poor in any way, it's just not the sound I'm personally looking for presently and so I sympathize with that particular point from Piet's feedback.

I am however keen to see how the philosophy offered here will translate into the woodwind and brass sections (or even percussion? That will be an interesting one!)

@Strezov and @StrezovSampling
So, now I have to ask the really annoying question. When exactly does the intro pricing offer end?
Is it 11:59pm on the 27th in Sofia time?

I will be searching the couch for loose change up til deadline so would like to set an alarm.

edit - by way of clarification, that was a serious question despite my flippant ending.

Last edited:
very glad with the purchase
first impression: overall a string sound I was looking for: lively, it has body and with the "feeling of the bow on the strings sound" if that makes sense. The shorts actually sound like the up/down stroke when playing repetitions like I hear in a string section and gives the feeling of a real string orchestra under the (piano) fingertips.

The adress to more dynamics in the shorts by use of f.e. cc11 (as repeat has contact with strezov for) is indeed a welcome & already announced update. F.e. the use of cc2 breath controller with ensemble patches wil increase the option of fleshing out ideas quickly by using 2 hands (and mouth)

It will take some time to find the best & efficient way to put this library into a template. Filtering out the most usable patches (for my needs) and then placing them in a useful manner/order for a good workflow is not as straight forward as with other string libs. There are several different flavours of the same string section or ensemble to take into account.

And again, the sound: really very good! kudos to Strezov for pulling this off in this way. And there is more content coming.... !

Thank you for all the input from members on this thread, after considering everything and all the opinions, I took the plunge. Can’t wait to download and get started. My first time aquiring a brand new library and take advantage of early bird discount. Excited to see what the library offers and explore new technology.

Me too. I’m away till this weekend, but managed to get it downloaded and ready to go in my studio at home. When you guys get into Afflatus a bit, let me know if i should hurry home or extend my trip indefinitely.

Can Afflatus do playable runs? Does Strezov plan to add this feature soon for the future update?

After several sleepless days, at the last minutes, I had also pulled the trigger. I am in, too.
I agonised over this one too. Not because I was unsure if it was good and not even because I didn’t think it was worth the asking price. The agonising was all on me.

We extended the Intro Price for AFFLATUS Chapter I Strings until Friday Nov 30 2018. https://bit.ly/2qASQWE

There won't be another chance to buy the library at a reduced price for quite a long time, so don't miss it!

Besides here is a glimpse at a Beta version of the Scene d'Amour Celli to be released as part of the updates to come. Thank you vi-control for the feedback. :)

I agonised over this one too. Not because I was unsure if it was good and not even because I didn’t think it was worth the asking price. The agonising was all on me.

One of my reasons to buy this product is because good attitude towards customers from Strezov Sampling, at least someone are interacting and hearing what customers are saying and giving their feedbacks. And then we can expect some decent updates and new sampling contents. That is a good way for people in this music community to live together. However, that is way better than my experience with Synchron Strings 1 from VSL, a similar pricing product like Afflatus and I will always remember how we the protesters are treated by VSL.

Library developers who spend much of their time in listening to customers and improving products deserve our orders and respect.

Last edited:
I'd like to share the way I set up Afflatus Strings in my template and welcome comments or suggestions... especially since the upcoming updates could change my method of working with this library. I basically set up a Vienna Ensemble Pro project for each instrument: vlns 1, vlns 2, vlas, vc, basses. Each project contains 1 Kontakt instance. Each Kontakt instance contains all the patches I want to use for each instrument.: Lush Vlns 1, Spicc, Pizz, Chamber, Scene d' Amour, etc. and each had a consecutive midi channel. I then assigned controller #s to each of the controls that allowed it... close, deca, hall, legato, overlap, etc, etc. Now the fun begins: I created a Logic Pro X track for each instrument and created an Afflatus articulation set with keyswitches to match the instruments I set up in Kontakt. That's pretty much it, except for my Lemur template that has all of the keyswitches and CCs together. Basically, each patch acts as it's own keyswitched instrument and since the library hasn't really gotten into this feature, we need to do it ourselves in some way. Lush strings have only sustain and tremolo. What I've done is simply added to this as I've described. Only big downside so far is that with all these patches loaded, the ram gets used up pretty quickly on the slave machine I have this library on. All of this said, it makes the library usable for me and the sound of the instruments and touch is beautiful. One think they did that seems obvious, yet most other libs don't do... the samples are recorded without the crazy big room sound. The reverb lets you add to taste, or use 3rd party efx, but some other libs are so swimmy, they can get uncontrollable. Very anxious to see what comes next in the updates of this very beautiful sounding string section!

Hey all,

we just received a brandnew demo for Afflatus by Aleksandar Dimitrijevic and posted the complete changelog for the free 1.1 update to be released very soon. We managed to add many of your suggestions into the library and there is still more to come (new additional recordings). Thanks for the ongoing support and feedback!

====================
PATCH OPTIMIZATION:
====================
Patch names change for easier browsing.
Contemporary Strings Spicc - improved playability
Pop Low Strings - improved playability
Scene d'Amour Violas Legato - fixed bug
Pharaoh Strings - fixed bug
Improved Loops and legato transitions on multiple patches

ADVANCED OPTIONS:
====================

Sustained Notes
--------------------
If switched on all the played notes will be sustained even if you release the key(s) from your keyboard.
By default it's assigned to MIDI CC#64 (Sustain Pedal) on all sustain/legato patches that do not have a divisi section, but you can use the RMB to assign it to a different MIDI controller.

Niente
--------------------
If switched on this will increase the dynamic range of the instruments by fading out the volume to -oo dB.

KS Key Base
--------------------
Hold down the LMB and drag up or down to set the base key for the keyswitches (on patches where they are available).

Dynamics (only on sustain/legato patches)
--------------------
Click this button to start the MIDI learn function. The MIDI controller you choose will be used as a substitute for the MOD Wheel.
Please note that you can not detach the MOD Wheel from its original function, i.e. it will always control the dynamics along with the new controller.

Expression
--------------------
Click this button to start the MIDI learn function. The MIDI controller you choose will be used as a substitute for the Expression controller.
Please note that you can not detach the Expression controller from its original function, i.e. it will always control the expression along with the new controller.

Attack (AHDSR)
--------------------
Set the AHDSR envelope's attack portion of the short and sustain samples (not the legato transitions).

Release (AHDSR)
--------------------
Set the AHDSR envelope's release portion of the short and release samples.

NEW DEFAULT MIDI CONTROLLERS:
====================
CC#22 - Volume Close Mic
CC#23 - Volume Decca Mic
CC#24 - Volume Hall Mic

CC#22 - Volume Texture Mic (only on PADS patch)
CC#23 - Volume Synths Mic (only on PADS patch)
CC#24 - Volume Perc Mic (only on PADS patch)
CC#25 - Volume FX Mic (only on PADS patch)

CC#64 - Divisi (on all sustain/legato patches that have a divisi section).
CC#64 - Sustained Notes (on all sustain/legato patches that do not have a divisi section).

ADDED SORDINOS:
====================

Ensembles
--------------------
The Mouse Strings

Single Sections
--------------------
Chamber Cellos, Violas, Violins II, Violins I
Impressionist Cellos, Violas, Violins II, Violins I
Spicc Basses, Cellos, Violas, Violins II, Violins I
Pizz Basses, Cellos, Violas, Violins II, Violins I

Top Bottom