What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

pulled the trigger as a strings library hoarder, and wow..i am impressed. This may take place as a new sketching library as well as work for the final cuts. Its incredibly playable, blends well with other libraries, and has a wide variety. The price now makes sense to me. This is less of a single strings library like say Berlins Strings, and more like Metropolis Ark.

Highly Recommended

Great ! So, please, let us share your enthusiasm, what about some (very small) examples, your top 5 presets simply played live with no fx... Of course if you have time, thanks and happy for you...

I would definitely second that. Some simple user demos without EQ - but with reverb if that helps the context as studio recordings can often be too dry for a lot of things.

I would definitely second that. Some simple user demos without EQ - but with reverb if that helps the context as studio recordings can often be too dry for a lot of things.
I have to say......the Cory walkthrough.........oh man ..that new line theme : never heard that before... because of the poly legato. Can't be better. All played live.
Hats down. I'm totaly bluffed.
Afflatus rules.

Hi re-peat, would you be OK if we talked on Skype/Facebook one of these days? I'd love to hear your opinion of the library, send me a message if you're open to this. We'd definitely address the issues - already our programmer Alex started working on a couple of things (we'll introduce them ASAP, before recording the new material for Q1 2019):
1. trying to make they poly legato work with the sustain pedal (this might introduce issues so we really want it to be perfect, no hanging notes, etc) OR turning sustain when legato or overlap is turned off.
2. CC#11 for short patches
3. niente button
4. adding sordino emulation to other instruments too
5. switch between CC#1 to CC#2
6. adding CC# for microphone positions for those that don't have Komplete Kontrol keyboards (you can tweak all GUI controls from there btw)

Actually having the library unlocked shouldn't be a problem, we just never received a request like that before. We just uploaded what we received from NI.

I would argue about the 'cheap' sound of the European orchestra vs. London/LA; for instance a lot of RC productions go to Syncron stage, in Bulgaria Four For Music recorded The Crown S2, Ripper street, etc. Two Steps From Hell records in Prague/Sofia... So I would argue that the sound is cheap and bad. Different - hell yes. I wouldn't say for instance this wonderful musician Svetlin Roussev: has a cheap and not-quite-of-the-game sound. This is of course a completely different topic, which I'd love to discuss over a beer sometime :)

That's great attitude towards customers... This company go a long way

IMO, some developers could take a lesson from Strezov, Embertone, OT (shout out to Tobias) and others who can come into non-commercial threads with good humor, reasonableness and a willingness to listen.

Ha! …. and I come for an early 'Tobias' critic, who has come to respect and applaud his presence here. :thumbsup:

(edit) …. and also notably disappointed with 'seeming' hypersensitivity by SF.
This has impacted personal purchases and loyalty.

So far, I'm digging the shit out of this library. Within the next couple of weeks I'll post a quick screencast, and I'll go into some of the things I like and also dislike. For the time being, I'll just say the tone of this library is unlike anything I've encountered. Strezov captured some serious magic here.

So far, I'm digging the shit out of this library. Within the next couple of weeks I'll post a quick screencast, and I'll go into some of the things I like and also dislike. For the time being, I'll just say the tone of this library is unlike anything I've encountered. Strezov captured some serious magic here.

Thanks a lot for your nice words! Really happy you enjoy the library. :)

Could you pls send your feedback also directly to us, so we can use it for our first free update? https://www.strezov-sampling.com/contacts/

Just wanted to leave this here.....

Hell yeah!

Any chance of recording Trailer patches for the rest of the string sections? The Trailer Basses patch is incredibly lonely without its counterparts, and I would become the happiest composer on earth if there were Trailer Violins, etc.

@Strezov
Loving the library every day. Brings joy to go to the studio to work with this beautiful library.

As you mentioned for user to give feedback here are a few things I would love in a future update. I know you are doing the Scene D'amour Cellos and first chairs which is amazing. Here are a few other suggestions I wanted to share with you..

1- an ensemble patch for the Scene D'amour Portatos
2- an ensemble patch for the Minimalist Portatos
3- I would LOVE the Vintage Cellos to reach below C2 (but may not make sense, as I know it is a VLA/CELLI patch and VLAS don't go below that... Just love that sound of the patch. So buttery and smoth)

The library is one of the most inspiring VI I've ever used.

Thank you.

Lots of additional articulations teased for the Afflatus update. Looks really good!
  • Scene d'amour Celli Legato
  • Scene d'amour Celli Tenuto
  • First Chair Vln 1 Legato
  • First Chair Vln 2 Legato
  • First Chair Vla Legato
  • First Chair Cello Legato
  • First Chair Bass Legato
  • First Chair Vln 1 Spiccato
  • First Chair Vln 2 Spiccato
  • First Chair Vla Spiccato
  • First Chair Cello Spiccato
  • First Chair Bass Spiccato