What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

Hey fellas, now that Afflatus is officialy released, how about leaving the price discussion to the alternative thread? It doesn't seem fair to the developer, especially after all their hard work (look at that PDF list, it's crazy), to have this price talk shift the focus from the release itself in a commercial announcement thread.

Looking forward to hearing user opinions and demos!
This will be the last thing I say about this. To your point, and to be fair, we were speculating about the price in previous posts, and the developer participated in those discussions, including giving us hints --saying that it would be their most expensive (most expense at that point Arva, at 349EUR) and that it would be comparable to their other libraries. That seems to imply maybe a little more than Arva. So now that those hints do not seem to match the price, we can't say anything? It just seems a little odd to me. I'm done now. Great library regardless of the price.

To be honest, I saw these kind of comments coming... When I first realized, what Afflatus can do, I expected it to cost around 1000 bucks. Not sure if you guys can only nearly conceive how much work it is to create such a huge library. Have you seen how much material there is inside? There's not a single string library out there that comes even close to this one.

You can't get a Ferrari for the price of Chevrolet, that should be clear. Maybe YOU should revisit your expectations. To literally force the developers to drop the price, just because you can't afford it, is REALLY bold.

So you think that all those people that are rejecting the product cannot 'afford' it? Grow up my friend...

quick summary of the last 3rd of the library
  • "ensemble strings" (not mixes of other content in the library - it's various size string ensembles recorded in unison with the sections orchestrated across the keyboard)
  • SEVERAL kinds of shorts with different moods! Bitey downbow spiccatos ("Psychatto"), short staccatos ("Roofchase"), lighter brushed shorts ("Heroine"), slightly bouncy staccato/spiccato hybrid ("Contemporary"), and short sforzandos from a string quartet (Qtet Sfz). This is in addition to the single short length (spiccato) in the "main" section of the library.
  • Then also a bunch of pre-orchestrated (Symphobia is a good comparison point) ensembles. Full strings pizzicato, low strings + saxes + low piano stabs, col legno with sticks in octaves, col legno in unison with spiccatos, instrument slaps, col legno clusters, more ensemble string shorts plus divisi!
  • tenutos and marcatos with a huge 50 piece ensemble probably my favorite sound in this section of the library
  • "Christmas Strings" - violas & cellos unison with alto sax!
  • "Shark Strings" - variable length staccatos, marcatos, AND legatos, of low strings + piano in unison. Sounds completely authentic to the real thing ;)
  • Vintage strings (V1+V2 and Vla+Cello) con sord and divisi. The vintage strings if anything sound even better than the Scene D'Amour ones if you want to go for that truly classic post war Hollywood sound.
  • finally 2 traditional "everything put on the keyboard for sketching" mixed ensembles of Lush Strings and Minimalist Strings from the other section of the library
a huge amount of excellent content I think...

quick summary of the last 3rd of the library
  • "ensemble strings" (not mixes of other content in the library - it's various size string ensembles recorded in unison with the sections orchestrated across the keyboard)
  • SEVERAL kinds of shorts with different moods! Bitey downbow spiccatos ("Psychatto"), short staccatos ("Roofchase"), lighter brushed shorts ("Heroine"), slightly bouncy staccato/spiccato hybrid ("Contemporary"), and short sforzandos from a string quartet (Qtet Sfz). This is in addition to the single short length (spiccato) in the "main" section of the library.
  • Then also a bunch of pre-orchestrated (Symphobia is a good comparison point) ensembles. Full strings pizzicato, low strings + saxes + low piano stabs, col legno with sticks in octaves, col legno in unison with spiccatos, instrument slaps, col legno clusters, more ensemble string shorts plus divisi!
  • tenutos and marcatos with a huge 50 piece ensemble probably my favorite sound in this section of the library
  • "Christmas Strings" - violas & cellos unison with alto sax!
  • "Shark Strings" - variable length staccatos, marcatos, AND legatos, of low strings + piano in unison. Sounds completely authentic to the real thing ;)
  • Vintage strings (V1+V2 and Vla+Cello) con sord and divisi. The vintage strings if anything sound even better than the Scene D'Amour ones if you want to go for that truly classic post war Hollywood sound.
  • finally 2 traditional "everything put on the keyboard for sketching" mixed ensembles of Lush Strings and Minimalist Strings from the other section of the library
a huge amount of excellent content I think...

Vintage Strings patch in the Ensembles demo - this is what I've never heard before from any strings library, no question for me. It's not just "beautiful" (sorry SF), it's so alive and emotional.

Yeah, this is one of those moments when you contemplate selling everything you can to afford this. It is utterly inspiring to me and I could see this as one of the most important purchases if I end up having enough for it before the dealine.

Yeah, this is one of those moments when you contemplate selling everything you can to afford this. It is utterly inspiring to me and I could see this as one of the most important purchases if I end up having enough for it before the dealine.

BTW if we compare in EUR - OT main strings 840 + first chair (Strezov promised to include free) 299
SF main 799
So it's in the same league but honestly it sounds like BHCT multiplied with many composer styles covered, very diverse and appealing.
And just listen to what Anze Rozman did with BHCT (he actually joined HZ team at Bleeding Fingers)

I only hope George continues following this path and does updates/extensions for Strings and makes Brass and Woods the same way. More styles and colors please and if with brass and woods - I'd expect combinations started with Spectrotone then modern.

BTW if we compare in EUR - OT main strings 840 + first chair (Strezov promised to include free) 299
SF main 799
So it's in the same league but honestly it sounds like BHCT multiplied with many composer styles covered, very diverse and appealing.
And just listen to what Anze Rozman did with BHCT (he actually joined HZ team at Bleeding Fingers)

I only hope George continues following this path and does updates/extensions for Strings and makes Brass and Woods the same way. More styles and colors please and if with brass and woods - I'd expect combinations started with Spectrotone then modern.
I guess I missed a mention of 'first chairs'???? Can you point me to that.

Top Bottom