What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

Rob Elliott

And the other point of my post, which I perhaps made too subtly, is that people are being too compartmentalized in their thinking about this library.

The library in a sense encourages you to think of "Minimalistic Strings" as an entirely different mini-library from "Chamber Strings" or "Scene D'Amour."

But please remember that these are the same musicians in the same space playing the same instruments.

The playing styles are about the mood & instructions to the musicians, not like they whipped out a totally different set of instruments to play the "Scene D'Amour" samples right? ;)

So you can mix and match. When you add up the different articulations available across the "little" libraries, you're not that far from "workhorse":

• you've got legato
  • pizzicato
  • spiccato
  • sustains
  • trills
  • tremolo
  • tenuto shorts
all that's really missing is some more variety of shorts - although there are plenty of libraries out there with only spiccato + staccato (and no tenuto) so I consider this just a different variation of the standard setup.
All good points. If I might add one more about costs. It is what it is. The great thing about open market economy is innovation is rewarded. Given that, I want this sort of innovation to continue so the ROI for this developer has to be enough -- so they continue to 'want' to innovate. Looking forward to the release. ;)

All good points. If I might add one more about costs. It is what it is. The great thing about open market economy is innovation is rewarded. Given that, I want this sort of innovation to continue so the ROI for this developer has to be enough -- so they continue to 'want' to innovate. Looking forward to the release. ;)
I agree with every point you make, Rob.

Very well put.

Nao Gam

Dirty little gearslut
This is true but let's not forget George is a composer himself, I think their innovations - especially the combinations - may have started off as ways for him to expand his palette.
In all seriousness it must be pretty awesome to work with the tools you have designed and made yourself with your team

Saxer

I'm not a fan of precombined instruments but I love those aleatoric but playable strings!
And what's exactly the difference between the witch hunter shorts and normal spiccatos?

zimm83

Witch hunter shorts combine ethnic strings (kemane + gadulka) with ordinary violins. So it's a mixed, weird timbre. Did I say I love The Witcher 3???
Please show us the 3rd part of this wonderful library !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You now know that everybody loves AFFLATUS !!!

Saxer

Witch hunter shorts combine ethnic strings (kemane + gadulka) with ordinary violins. So it's a mixed, weird timbre. Did I say I love The Witcher 3???
Ah, ok! I like the sound too but couldn't identify the difference. Probably because I didn't know about kemane and gadulka until know. Please excuse my ignorance!

MichaelB

+1 oh boy, we have a winner here! The more I listen to the walkthroughs, the more my mouth just hangs open. Bring it on Strezov Sampling, bring it on! Even if this is the last library I'll ever buy, then happy days are here again!

Just hope it’s for Kontakt 5

Last edited:
Top Bottom