What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

zolhof

Love the effect of those minimalist strings. It’s like a chamber-Tundra
I love how expressive they are! Dunno if you noticed, but the vibrato seems to be tied to CC1, so we have a very smooth transition from non vib to full heart-shattering vibrato. Gracefully done. I like how simple and flexible this library looks so far. And yeap, the tone is gorgeous.

Rob Elliott

Excellent tone (in that regard covers somewhat new ground for me). Also covers more 'workhorse' ground than I originally thought it would. I guess the only question left for me is price. ;)

Sibelius19

Music is just color and rhythm --Debussy
We can atleast deduce that it will be no cheaper than 349EUR. Probably a bit more. Hoping for a good intro price? :)

Nao Gam

Dirty little gearslut
George you magnificent bastard. The basses:faint: Too bad my string library to $$$ ratio ain't looking good

Props for going all in and including so much stuff with this level of detail in sound and with such a beautiful gui. I was just thinking about how future string libraries will have auto divisi recently then this came out

SoNowWhat?

realised I can type here
We have the basic articulations, Spiccatos, Pizzicatos and Tremolos, covered for all sections (Violins 1, Violins 2, Violas, Celli and Basses), so you can use Afflatus as a workhorse library. This was very important to us. Afflatus is not meant to be a bread and butter library, still those articulations will help you to use the library in styles and moods outside of what we have in this chapter so far. You can of course use each articulation the way you want and also outside of the thematic groups.

In addition to that we have different thematic approaches. Scene d'Amour has different sustains and legatos than the Lush Strings. We recorded articulations fitting to a particular style. So the Minimalist Strings consist of Tenutos, Harmonics and Sustains with Legatos. Same goes for the Divisi. A 16 player violin section tends to sound more like a pad than a 6 player ensemble, so the bigger sections all have divisi groups. The smaller ones don't have them. This way the library won't cost you a fortune to buy.

There are no technical limitations to voices in our polyphonic legato. It's the same engine we also use in our choirs. It automatically distributes your input to the different sections and takes care of proper voice leading within your performance.

Afflatus is our biggest collection to date thus it will cost more than our other libraries, but still way less than the most expensive string libraries out there do. If you consider the size vs. actual playable content (we have tons of legatos) it's a bargain.
Hi George, can I seek clarification on something you may or may not wish to answer (fine either way); if this is chapter 1, I’d been working on a presumption that chapter 2, 3, 4... would be other orchestra sections (Woodwinds, Brass, Perc, etc). Is that the plan or are there no other chapters planned or will other chapters also be Strings?

fiestared

Vintage -but- not obsolete
Here is George's first walkthrough covering the sections of Afflatus Chapter 1. This is only one third of the entire content:

Thanks for your walkthrough, other devs should follow your example, a little bit of talking, and a lot of music... By the way at 7.50 mn, your'e talking about "Francis Debussy", a new kid in town ? :dancedance: of course you meant "Claude"...
What about the portamento, you don't mention it ? Thanks

zimm83

Thanks for your walkthrough, other devs should follow your example, a little bit of talking, and a lot of music... By the way at 7.50 mn, your'e talking about "Francis Debussy", a new kid in town ? :dancedance: of course you meant "Claude"...
What about the portamento, you don't mention it ? Thanks
Doesn't seem to have portamento in this library...

Top Bottom