What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

Every time I open this library I realise that I've only begun to scratch the surface of the surface.
George and team, you've done something quite special here.
I've just started trying layering of different patches to see what damage I can do. And maybe you'd never intended it to be used that way but for example Psychatto Strings paired with Heroine gives me a different short again and I find the result quite pleasing. It gives the heroine more bite but at lower to mid velocities you're not getting the crazy attack strings of psychatto.

edit - I mean Heroine Strings patch, in case that wasn't clear. D'oh!

Seems to be a really beautiful library and bringing something new to the table. Sadly, having no portamento is a deal breaker for me. It's a bit ironic too TBH as it's the cliché articulation you'll hear in almost any scene d'amour:thumbsdown:

Heard that portamento is in 1.2 for first chairs. So you just have to layer ....!!!

That would be wonderful! Many thanks to @Strezov and his amazing work! Can't wait for the full Chapter 2 and 3. I believe that percussion will not be available as the X3M sets that category, right?

Last edited:
Hi Allen,

we're aiming at woodwinds next. Again, we'll try to make a library that goes to some new territories and record new, exciting combinations and generally weird stuff :)
uu9pmDP.gif

I was just about to purchase Afflatus. It sounds like I should hold off until the next release or does it matter?

I was just about to purchase Afflatus. It sounds like I should hold off until the next release or does it matter?

It makes no difference. The only difference might be less downloading if you wait until the revision is available, but I can't imagine any real reason to wait.

Where will the update be available when NI finally encoded it? Native Access? Strezov Downloader? Website?

Hi @Saxer , it will be available on our website - through everyone's user profile since our downloader can't handle updates at this point.

We're still waiting for NI (postponed for after Catholic Easter!) and then we will need to do some extra work like tagging, adjusting some of the old patches and updating old scripts. Basically not for the new content but for the community-requested features like:

- new combined "multi" patches
- velocity dynamic influencer for poly legato (meaning that you can get +/-6db for a single note volume based on your velocity... so you get your polyphonic legato Emaj9 chord and then you can have the F# be for instance more subtle than the rest of the notes, while the D# can stand out more).
- built-in mixer for all generated multis (basically everything that's not been recorded in an ensemble)

:shocked:

Hi @Saxer , it will be available on our website - through everyone's user profile since our downloader can't handle updates at this point.

We're still waiting for NI (postponed for after Catholic Easter!) and then we will need to do some extra work like tagging, adjusting some of the old patches and updating old scripts. Basically not for the new content but for the community-requested features like:

- new combined "multi" patches
- velocity dynamic influencer for poly legato (meaning that you can get +/-6db for a single note volume based on your velocity... so you get your polyphonic legato Emaj9 chord and then you can have the F# be for instance more subtle than the rest of the notes, while the D# can stand out more).
- built-in mixer for all generated multis (basically everything that's not been recorded in an ensemble)

:shocked:
Fantastic! Multis are a Great addition...And velocity....Man this library has everything we need !Thanks.
One question....If we buy it at Best service for example........ early may....will it be the 1.0 version or will they have the new version....?
I would like to have the definitive version.... without anyrhing to update... What do you think?
Greetings from France.

When you buy through Best Service you receive a code that you apply on our website - so you get the latest version, updates, support, etc.
Oh Man...Thanks soooooo much. That's it. Hourra!
Everything is Well planned.
Can't wait and once more congratulations for this ultimate string library!!!

I'm happy to say that we now have the encoded files back. Our Orthodox Easter is this weekend so after that we'll get right to the tagging and NKS implementation of the new patches and will get those out for you ASAP.

Come on, I'm already looking forward to the new ventures ahead.....

Top Bottom